• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Quick Map

BelThorne

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Hi All,

---------------------------
31/8/09 -> Updated to Ver 2
---------------------------

Here's Version 2 of my Quick Map mod for AOP2 COAS.

This mod now does:

* When you push M, this mod lists all the non-treasure maps you have found on the right. and shows the chosen map on the left, defaulting to the best Caribean map you have.
* You can click on the Caribbean map to zoom to the various island maps that you own, and then right click to get back to the Caribbean map.
* The maps can be carried by yourself, your fighters, or your Navigator. So you don't need to clutter your own inventory with 20+ maps.

* This mod also adds the new "Excellent" map created by Sordid, and add's it to the merchant lists (1 in 20 chance of them having it after level 8.)

You shouldn't have to start a new game to use this, but you WILL need to "Restore default settings" in the keyboard Controls section of the Options screen to get all the controls working with the new key mapping.

Many thanks to Sordid for his permission to include his excellent map.

Download it here

This is the base compatible version. If you want to use it with any of my other mods, download the JsCombinedMod

Installation.
I suggest using JSGME for installing this, though you could just manually overwrite your old files.
Download JSGME from: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/
Place it in main game folder, run it once and let it make a MODS folder.

Unzip QuickMapV2.7z to the new MODS folder with WinZip or 7zip.
start JSGME and enable QuickMapV2.

Please report any bugs in the forum: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/forum/66-city-of-abandoned-ships-mods

The link to report bugs above seems to be broken so ill post here. When running "New Ships and Characters" and "Rum Management" mods this map mod seems to not work. The keyboard controls for moving forward back and diag. when on land arent mapped anymore. Also the mouse camera control will not allow movement 360 degreees only perpendicular movement is available. I did not run it enabled long enough to see if any there are any other bugs in other modes(as I could not reach my ship). The "M" key brought me to a unique and new "Map" screen which said "I have no map" and no map pic was there. The character I tried it on did not have any maps and no world map. I tried the mod on both an existing profile and a new game, same result.

did you try clicking the reset to default button for keys in options?

sounds like the weirdness incurred when running in cheat mode... maybe that was it?

The link to report bugs above seems to be broken so ill post here. When running "New Ships and Characters" and "Rum Management" mods this map mod seems to not work. The keyboard controls for moving forward back and diag. when on land arent mapped anymore. Also the mouse camera control will not allow movement 360 degreees only perpendicular movement is available. I did not run it enabled long enough to see if any there are any other bugs in other modes(as I could not reach my ship). The "M" key brought me to a unique and new "Map" screen which said "I have no map" and no map pic was there. The character I tried it on did not have any maps and no world map. I tried the mod on both an existing profile and a new game, same result.

Hi El-Capitan,

Ok, yes you will need to click "Restore the default settings" in the options screen to get the game to handle having the new key "M" in the key-mapping. I've updated the original post with this now.

And yes, it shows the best map in your possession, so if you don't have a map, you will get the "You Have No Map" image.

And many thanks for posting this issue.

Cheers,

JA

Used this mod last night, and apart from the map scrolling really fast (probably based off of in-game mouse speed) it worked exceptionally well. Very good add-on! Damn near a required mod to play the game now that I've tried it.

Thanks for your work! :doff

Used this mod last night, and apart from the map scrolling really fast (probably based off of in-game mouse speed) it worked exceptionally well. Very good add-on! Damn near a required mod to play the game now that I've tried it.

Thanks for your work! :doff

You're welcome! I was getting really sick of how hard it was to get to the map!

Cheers,

Jonathan A.

Ok, I've updated this mod, so now you can look at ALL of your maps from the quick map screen (push M).

Also, if you left click on an island on your Caribbean map, it will jump to the appropriate island map if you have it.

And the maps can be carried by you, your fighters, or your navigator, so no need to clutter up your inventory with 20+ maps.

Have Fun!

Jon A

Hi there,

Thanks for this mod, I was very anoyed by searching for the map in my inventory everytime I needed it...

However I cant' find the new "excellent map" that's supposed to be added in the game, any idea of where the problem could come from?

You will have to explain what mods you are currently running. The excellent map is in Vanilla but never implemented. Currently I believe the excellent map can be aquired as a stand alone mod, a mod in the JSCM and the COAS CM V1-2 (and unreleased V3).

Really nice mod!

I found out, that "Santa Catalina" is missing on the void InitSubMaps listing inside "papermap.c" and that that map doesn't show up. I added the entry

submaps.santa.x1 = 15;
submaps.santa.y1 = 140;
submaps.santa.x2 = 165;
submaps.santa.y2 = 500;
submaps.santa.map = "map_santa";

(copied data from the "map_maine_1" entry) and changed #define MAX_MAPS 32 to 33. Now the map shows up correctly. But I don't have a clue what theese "x1" "y1" etc. references stand for.

Back