• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Quick question

Gerrit

Powder Monkey
Sorry for starting a new topic for this but I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to make a hisorical version of the Queen Anne's Revenge? Is anyone planning to do it?
2) Are there any tutorials to learn how to make storylines or side quests, models of ships? I would love to do my own storys and put in game.

1) Of course it's possible! We could make any ship we wanted, so long as there are some plans to go by. ;)
However, I don't know of anyone intending to make the real QAR at this time.

2) You might want to have a look at this thread, where someone asked a similar question recently.
Please be aware, though, that making a whole new storyline is a huge amount of work. Side quests for existing storylines would be a better starting point.
As for ships, really that depends on your skills with 3D modelling programs, such as Maya and 3DS MAX.
If you are capable of making a model in either program, using accurate plans, then someone could help you to convert the model to the game's GM format.

Thanks Armada, I will look into it. I do intend to start just with small side quests but making a new ship can wait.

Starting by a small quest is the best way, indeed. Look at the storylines' folders to learn the code. In fact, it's not so hard to learn that.

Back