• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Quick sail problems.

Hi all,

I'm new here but not new to the Seadogs series! I've been having a problem since I installed COaS on my new win7 laptop, I cannot quick sail...

I couldn't find anything on this forum relating to the issue, maybe someone can give me a hand?

Thanks!

You can't quicksail at all Mate??? :shrug I play on Window7 (64 bit) myself and have never had a problem.

There are several conditions and considerations when using quicksail or that will prevent quicksail from occurring:

1. Quicksail cannot be accessed from global sail view. You must be in sailing mode to use quicksail.

2. If when you open the tab there are no locations available to quicksail to - then either you are too far away or there is something else like an enemy in range preventing it . You have to be close enough to the beach, port, lighthouse, other ship, etc, to quicksail to it.

3. If the anchor icon is present sometimes you can't quicksail until the compass icon replaces it allowing you to go to global sail view.

4. You cannot quicksail away while engaged with an enemy, even if he may be far away in visual range. You or he must reach a certain distance from one another/ exit the engagement area before the quicksail option will come up. The little compass icon displaying lets you know that you can use quicksail. If a companion ship is still in range of the enemy, you will get an alert window that asks if you want to leave your companion. If you go to quicksail at that time, you will lose your companion ship that is still engaged.

5. If it is a friendly ship within engagement distance, you can quicksail to it if there is no interferance factors present.

6. Funny enough, you can quicksail to an enemy if he is outside your immediate engagement area. This can be used as a cheat if a ship you want to capture is too fast for you. As soon as he passes out of engagement range and the compass icon displays you can quicksail to him.

7. If you don't have enough crew on board (numbers in red) you cannot quicksail. This can change dependant on what difficulty you're on. Same goes for companion ships. If they don't have enough crew, you cannot enter quicksail mode.

8. If your ship or one of your companion ships is overloaded with cargo, you cannot enter quicksail mode.

Hopefully I'm telling you something you didn't already know. If not, my apologies. If it really is a bug we are interested in it. I just have never seen a bug that affected quicksail and I've play this game more hours of my life than I'd care to admit. :sail

Happy Roving! ;)

MK

You can't quicksail at all Mate??? :shrug I play on Window7 (64 bit) myself and have never had a problem.

There are several conditions and considerations when using quicksail or that will prevent quicksail from occurring:

1. Quicksail cannot be accessed from global sail view. You must be in sailing mode to use quicksail.

2. If when you open the tab there are no locations available to quicksail to - then either you are too far away or there is something else like an enemy in range preventing it . You have to be close enough to the beach, port, lighthouse, other ship, etc, to quicksail to it.

3. If the anchor icon is present sometimes you can't quicksail until the compass icon replaces it allowing you to go to global sail view.

4. You cannot quicksail away while engaged with an enemy, even if he may be far away in visual range. You or he must reach a certain distance from one another/ exit the engagement area before the quicksail option will come up. The little compass icon displaying lets you know that you can use quicksail. If a companion ship is still in range of the enemy, you will get an alert window that asks if you want to leave your companion. If you go to quicksail at that time, you will lose your companion ship that is still engaged.

5. If it is a friendly ship within engagement distance, you can quicksail to it if there is no interferance factors present.

6. Funny enough, you can quicksail to an enemy if he is outside your immediate engagement area. This can be used as a cheat if a ship you want to capture is too fast for you. As soon as he passes out of engagement range and the compass icon displays you can quicksail to him.

7. If you don't have enough crew on board (numbers in red) you cannot quicksail. This can change dependant on what difficulty you're on. Same goes for companion ships. If they don't have enough crew, you cannot enter quicksail mode.

8. If your ship or one of your companion ships is overloaded with cargo, you cannot enter quicksail mode.

Hopefully I'm telling you something you didn't already know. If not, my apologies. If it really is a bug we are interested in it. I just have never seen a bug that affected quicksail and I've play this game more hours of my life than I'd care to admit. :sail

Happy Roving! ;)

MK

Hey MK,

Some of that I knew from past experience with COaS (maybe almost as much as you LOL), but the crew numbers and cargo ones I never heard of anywhere!

I just tested the crew number suggestion (I had little cargo anyway), I was at about half but I maxed out my crew and I could quick sail again! I would have never thought of that in a million years. You learn something every day I guess.

Thanks again MK, It was starting to get a little frustrating.

:cheers

Back