• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Raise different pirate flags

What does the "ch.Flags.Personal.texture" attribute do? I thought the personal flag was entirely controlled by "ch.Flags.Personal". For example, from "initModels.c", specifically the definition for Johan Elting:
Code:
model.Flags.Personal = 9;
That translates to second row, third flag, which indeed is Elting's personal flag - the one with red, black, red horizontal stripes and three white X's on the black stripe. Likewise, for Roxanne Lalliere:
Code:
model.Flags.Pirate = 27;
model.Flags.Personal = 40;
So the pirate flag would be fourth row, flag 7, while the personal flag would be sixth row, flag 6 - the red flag with the white mermaid and the red flag with the yellow cross, respectively.
It differs between the "start storyline" code and the "actual ingame code".
It gets converted from a "single number" to an "index on the texture" and "number of that texture".

For land use:

ch.Flags.Personal = 3; flag nr 4 from left
ch.Flags.Personal.texture = 4; from perflg5.tga
is the swedish

for ship use as you said.

Ingame, you have to use that for both.

The single variable method works ONLY when starting a new game.

I did reset everything in flags.c and set commander nation = AMERICA which doesn't exist
in the golden age of piracy. This to get the black flag which is ok.

Even better would be if I could change that black flag to Teach's. Any problems for the rest of the game?
This would be only in frtflg3.tga

Attachments

• america.jpg
    america.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 73
I suspect @Jack Rackham is counting from 1, which means flag 4 is the Swedish one. ;) Anyway, here as requested is a JPG version:
perflg5.jpg

Number 1 is John "Lucky Jack" Aubrey, a.k.a. Master and Commander. Number 2 looks Prussian. Number 3 is the harp flag for "Brave Black Flag". Number 5 looks like a variant of a Scottish lion rampant. Number 6 is the American First Navy Jack. And number 7 looks vaguely Spanish.

I replaced the black "american" flag in frtflg3.tga and now it's fun again.

Attachments

• blackbeard.jpg
    blackbeard.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 91
Back