• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Random Talk

The Planetary Chocolates of the Solar System

For 2011, Japan’s high-end Rihga Royal Hotels updated their box of gourmet chocolates from chocolatier L’éclat. The solar system of 8 delicious planets now includes (sorry, Pluto): Mercury as coconut mango, Venus as lemon cream, Earth as cocoa, Mars as orange praline, Jupiter as vanilla, Saturn as rum raisin, Uranus as milk chocolate and Neptune as cappuccino.

Original article:
http://laughingsquid.com/the-planetary-chocolates-of-the-solar-system/

More epic sweetness:

StormtrooperCake.jpg

You can read about this stormtrooper here:
http://blog.oakleafcakes.com/stormtrooper-cake/

There is a lot about NFL these days, appearently half of the population on the American continent are glued to the TV, watching the NFL series at this very moment.

So, is it almost religion over there? Do you sometimes feel you are split up between NFL-fans and non-NFL-interested people, does it cause conflicts and is it a massive subject in your workingspace as well?

This is just of casual interest to me - two of my friends (hardcore fans) are avoiding me these days, ´cause they know I could´nt care less :D But if this is the case in God's country as well, only on a larger scale, I feel very fortunate not living over there ;)

Not everyone here where I live are big football fans. I myself prefer hockey. Granted there are hardcore fans, but that is true everywhere. Take soccer for instance. Look at the huge riot they just had in Egypt and have had in many other soccer countries. There are sport fanatics everywhere. :cheers

Yes, pure agreeness from me, Meigger :)

Still..I watched a clip from a show, and the commercials specially made for these shows?...I mean...I just saw Ray Leno fly off in a squarrel suit from a 26 story rooftop with some guy, he kidnapped from Jerry Seinfeld in a 3.5 million $ car commercial! Another add was with Jay and Paul Newman, probably at the same revenue or higher :eek:k

BTW are'nt you Canadian, Meigger?

I love handball - we just got EU champs, for about the 10th time in a row. Both men and women´s leagues are World Champs as well. I know, you guys probably never heard of handball, but we should win - only about 10 countries stand up for some competition + we invented the game hehe..And nobody would ever fight over a handball game. And it's not like we live in caves in Scandinavia, but that soccer-hooligan thing just never made it through here. Only the usual and occasional barfights, and organized fights between local "fans" in a backyard.

I am not Canadian. I am an American. I have played handball as well as racket ball, and they are fun games. Currently, and for the last several years I play year around softball. We have a big softball league here and we also play games in several other states. About the only thing we run into at the softball games is an occasional drunk loud mouth in the stands. :cheers

CCTV police officer 'chased himself' after being mistaken for burglar

An undercover police officer "chased himself round the streets" for 20 minutes after a CCTV operator mistook him for suspect. The junior officer, who has not been named, was monitoring an area hit by a series of burglaries in an unnamed market town in the country’s south. As the probationary officer from Sussex Police searched for suspects, the camera operator radioed that he had seen someone “acting suspiciously” in the area. But he failed to realise that it was actually the plain-clothed officer he was watching on the screen, according to details leaked to an industry magazine. The operator directed the officer, who was on foot patrol, as he followed the "suspect" on camera last month, telling his colleague on the ground that he was "hot on his heels". The officer spent around 20 minutes giving chase before a sergeant came into the CCTV control room, recognised the “suspect” and laughed hysterically at the mistake.

Full story here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...himself-after-being-mistaken-for-burglar.html

Back