• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rank Question

streetdog

Landlubber
Guyz, I got promoted to commander for England, but cose of some events I lost my title :) I bought new bucaneer licence from pirate town, but my rank is bucaneer. Now when I finished the quest for the captain I got promotion to commander. I suspect my last promotion will be captain insted of comodore
Is there any chance to fix this ?

I'm not quite sure I understand your question.

If I recall correctly, the ranks go from having no rank, to commander, captain, commodore and then admiral. In COAS, they don't really mean anything as far as I know. In POTC Build Mod X, people would address you by your rank, then your name.

I know they are useless in CAOS, but i just asked
The problem is that I was doing my quest line for england. I became commander. Then I was caught after a deal with the smugglers, I had to sunk the british ships and my rank disapeared. I went to a pirate island, bought new bucaneer license(starting from the first rank though) and when I complited the mission, after which I had to be promototed to captain, I instead get promotion again to commander.

I don't think the "Rank" in AOP2 is useless for I play Ian Stance as a Dutch merchant. Sometime ago ( game time ) I bought myself the title of "Filibuster", a couple game months ago the Dutch Gen. Gov. gave me the rank of "Commander". Now all my boarding fights are with "Dutch" soldiers and not with regular swabbies.

Something else in game may have changed that but I don't know what.

That's an interesting observation, I wonder if it's just a model change or if they are better than the average crewmen.

I don't think so. I have nothing other than my observation to back it up, but soldiers don't seem any more effective than regular cutthroats.

Back