• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rank

jmaverick

Sailor
:rolleyes: Hi, just to know: which is the maximum reachable rank? Other question: does the 'Next.exp' arrow work? May be I lost something, but to me it appears always half colored. Thx, bye

That arrow, at least in vanilla, shows how much exp you need for certain skill to reach the next level...basically the same thing those %'s do next to your skills. Just click on the skill and you'll see

:rolleyes: Hi, just to know: which is the maximum reachable rank? Other question: does the 'Next.exp' arrow work? May be I lost something, but to me it appears always half colored. Thx, bye

I understand what you mean about the arrow.

It looks broken on mine also, like it never moves, I was expecting a number next to the arrow like in the older version of the engine, maybe its just the arrow though and I've never noticed it being different, I know what you mean though it always looks the same and its very difficult to see how far to the next level.

Right clicking on it only tells you what its for, it doesnt tell you how far you need to go, or any other info about it only that its supposed to show how far.

As far as maximum rank I'm not sure I've yet to reach it, I would hazard a guess at rank 100 as the other skills only go up to this but for rank it might be more.

I had thought it was like this maybe because of a problem with my instalation but everything else about the game works fine for me, I've yet to encounter any issues or bugs, I got a digital download from "Game" the UK company and there was no manual or document with it, apparently they are still waiting on the developer sending them this stuff.

Right clicking things is where I get my info but its not always useful as in the caser of the unmoving arrow :onya

Nope you can go above 100, i think 120 is the highest rank although the game does allow for 1000 i think or so some enteries have lead me to believe. Never got a far enough in the game to max a character out lol.

The arrow: yes, I do mean that it never moves, so you never know how ahead you are or, vice versa, how much you still miss to reach the next level.
the rank: I've almost finished the game as Cpt Blood (I'm only missing part of the Bella Isabella), I've also a city of mine stolen to the United Provinces and done e series of lateral quests and still I'm only rank 40!!!!!!!! I wonder what should be done to get to rank 100 or 120........Do you need to play for your life time? Who knows :shrug
Take care. :gday

I don't know about the arrow (never pay attention to it) xD:

Not sure how long it would take to reach rabk 100 or even 120 but i would expect doing normal everyday things like trading runs, attacking pirates and enemy of the nation your flying the flag for, fighting on land and onboard ships will still add to your rank. I'm not sure if doing quests increases the amount of experience your character gains for completing them but there might be some kind of boost in some quests. Some good will aid you in building your charater up. Read the info for the good and you will see how they effect your character. The problem is you must carry them and one 1 will have the effect so carrying more than one of the same iteam will have no added effects to it.

Nope you can go above 100, i think 120 is the highest rank although the game does allow for 1000 i think or so some enteries have lead me to believe. Never got a far enough in the game to max a character out lol.

I've only had the game a little over a week and after playing through a couple of test games to find a difficulty level that was challenging without being frustrating, then started again as I figured out how to leave the start area still nuetral with england for a better start, I've got Peter Blood up to about level 54 or so, I'm probably going to start over at some point though, theres alot of things that I missed due to time limit/bad winds or by giving the wrong answer to a question.

So it should be a long time before I can reach 120 :ixi alot of fun to get there though

The arrow: yes, I do mean that it never moves, so you never know how ahead you are or, vice versa, how much you still miss to reach the next level.
the rank: I've almost finished the game as Cpt Blood (I'm only missing part of the Bella Isabella), I've also a city of mine stolen to the United Provinces and done e series of lateral quests and still I'm only rank 40!!!!!!!! I wonder what should be done to get to rank 100 or 120........Do you need to play for your life time? Who knows :shrug
Take care. :gday

Yeah the reason I thought someting was missing is because theres a box next to the arrow where the amount of xp needed should show eg. 20000 xp till next level like it did in PoTC.

It's probably the case that the arrow is moving but we are just not noticing the change. :onya

With my current character the only quests I've really done are the bluebird and flying dutchman, I've been building up a stash of gold stored at a money lender for future use by catpuring spanish trade fleets got enough gold there to own a nation nevermind an island lol, but now when I go to do the quests I wont need to worry about anything like new crew, supplies repairs etc so can focus on heading direct to my destinations, most of my XP is from dungeon fighting and sea battles and if I remember theres about 20 hours played in it, so still most of the quest content to do.

I've read reports of there being more than 200 hours of content although how these hours are split into Questing/ fighting etc I'm not sure, also I'm not sure if there is an actual end to the game, such as a certain year it stops or after a certain point so theoretically you could play for as long as it takes to get fed up with it :sail

About the arrow (again lol), when you click on skill (left click to select it), for example "light weapons" will show you a figure like 20/60 exp...but if you don't click on anything it won't show nothing.

About the arrow (again lol), when you click on skill (left click to select it), for example "light weapons" will show you a figure like 20/60 exp...but if you don't click on anything it won't show nothing.

Awesome,

I've just never clicked on Rank for it to show the level of my character rather than my skill level, I tend to just look at the percentage that shows already for skills.

But sure enough once I clicked on Rank it showed the numbers

Edit: the description with right clicking the xp bar says it shows the main xp needed for next rank and how skills contribute to rank add already having the percentages till next level displayed on the skills, it really looks as if theres no xp indicator, which is where the confusion is from my part .

Back