• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rather a Different kind of ship

Red Back Dude

HoO Team Member
Promotion
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
2014-09-28_00001.jpg

Have had Starpoint Gemini>2< in my library for so long i don't even remember where i got it from but long story short it launched out of early access around the 26th so i finally decided to have a play.

Gota say its pretty damn good so far i used to love playing star trek legacy and dark star one , starpoint seems to be a marriage of the two either way thought i might start a thread here so i can put up anything half decent that happens , anybody else even heard of this game ?

Last edited:
Yeah i have been having fun playing around with it today i will probably get more screenshots up later :D

Allso edited my post i forgot the number 2 dangit.

I thought I saw some game systems that might be interesting for HoO there as well.
But I didn't see it properly. Would you mind telling us some more? :cheeky

I thought I saw some things where you could sort-of order your ship/crew to do various things for you.

So far from what i have played there is the "fire at will" command/toggle where if there is a shot any of my turrets can take they will do it automatically for me instead of me having to aim and fire/tell them to fire manually. there could be more but i have not done any boardings yet i am only around 2 hours in.

edit: it occurred to me that although its not much use in this game during battles you can also order your ship to travel to a point on the map , that would save time in an age of sail game i guess.

Last edited:
Fire at will, boarding, autopilot... Reminds me of the X series.
Can it compete with the complexity of X3 Albion Prelude?

well 15 hours and one slight mod in i cant say that there's anything else my crew can do , but i got some more half decent screenshots.

2014-09-28_00002.jpg 2014-10-03_00006.jpg 2014-10-03_00008.jpg 2014-10-03_00010.jpg 2014-10-03_00005.jpg 2014-10-03_00001.jpg

Yep :D

The mod allso has the Defiant class , Galaxy class , akira class and sovereign class in it.

This was going to be alot longer a post but then i sedated the trekkie inside me again and shortened it down.

2014-10-03_00024.jpg 2014-10-03_00022.jpg

Last edited:
Up to 31 hours now and i have leveled up enough that i can now captain the biggest ships in the game , must say the only thing that anoys me with this game is the trade system it is very hard to 1-get enough of a cargo and 2-find where on earth to take it , theres no real trade interface like with PoTC which makes trade a dangerous low profit guessing game.

2014-10-04_00011.jpg 2014-10-04_00010.jpg 2014-10-04_00009.jpg 2014-10-04_00005.jpg

USS ENTERPRISE! :dance

What are those other three? The third one looks pretty cool; the other ones are.... odd. :razz

Hah yeah i must admit i am not entirely a fan of their artstyle when it comes to ships the first is a cargo freighter , the second and third are carriers from a few of the games factions.

:treasure: (me searching for this thread)

Actually back to playing this game and just finished the story campaign today which took about 15 hours , they've kept updating it since it release and its improved with quite a few small and large tweaks.

Allso half the cost of ravens cry:wp

Back