• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Rats, Rats and more Rats!!

Ben Coats

Freebooter
the "Rat god" idol, is it only avalible in the spanish quest??? cuz ive done 85% of the pirate, 80% French, English, and Dutch, and cant seem to get my hands on it, even when just fighting the skeletons in caves, dungeons, and grattos w/out being asked by the padre/priests. WTH is it?? i paid 20,000$ to go in the bermuda dungeon, to find it, fought the skeletons and nothing was there!!
:thumbsdown2:nogood:ko:shrug

It is possible to get the rat god figurine in another quest Ben. Also I believe that it is one of the optional items you are given directions for if you answer the nautical quizzes.

I know the quizzes are annoying but we tried to make it as easy as possible. If you stop the conversation, open the interface, go to Log Book and then to "Reference" one of the options is all the questions and answers to the nautical quizes so you can find the appropriate answer - talk to the individual quizing you once again and type in the correct answer.

You know whats scary is that I have almost memorized all the answers. Pathetic I know....

MK

i have 4 printed papers with the answers on the random questions asked by towns folk, and everyone of them are stashed weapons only, nothing else......smh. its really anoying.

If you have GoF! A long time ago I created a new item with the same properties as the rat totem, it's the cat. Problem is, it's rather rare to find in stores, but if you find it, it will do the same job as the totem.

i have GoF up to date, the only time i found the rat god was during the spanish quest, @ the bermuda dungeon, where you get the Katana and another sword as well as a 35lbs statue, 30lbs stone disc, and ancient idol. ive searched every cave, dungeon, gratto, house, and nothing....only in the spanish mission.

Do you know the Brothel Treasure mission? Talk to a whore, flatter her and if she responds positively then mention her name to the madame. Sleep in the tavern and buy the same girl the next day. Repeat and always talk to the girl afterwards. After a few times she will mention the location of a treasure that a previous customer has told her. You wont get a quest you have to memorize it. She will say something like "Maracaibo Shore". That treasure usually has a rat god, if I remember correctly :)
You can find them in the City of Abandoned Ships questline, too, if I remember correctly.

totems you can get are @: (according to the printout i did, when i looked on the web for help before i found this forum)
1. random merchant.
2. Bermuda beach @ Broken Washbasin on the otherside of shipwreck.
3. San Juan Del Norte Beach--->back right side cave with the chest in hole.
4. St. Martian Cave---->by a pillar.
5. Martinique dungeon--->@ the end by lift.
6. Tortuga--->by a house near the church.
7. Curauco---> in Gov. residence near pillar.
8. Santo D.---> Lighthouse 2nd floor window.
9. Inca Temple----> in the water to the left of the fire trap.
10. Torture chmber in Santiago---->under the bed behind the priest sitting @ the table.

totems you can get are @: (according to the printout i did, when i looked on the web for help before i found this forum)
1. random merchant.
2. Bermuda beach @ Broken Washbasin on the otherside of shipwreck.
3. San Juan Del Norte Beach--->back right side cave with the chest in hole.
4. St. Martian Cave---->by a pillar.
5. Martinique dungeon--->@ the end by lift.
6. Tortuga--->by a house near the church.
7. Curauco---> in Gov. residence near pillar.
8. Santo D.---> Lighthouse 2nd floor window.
9. Inca Temple----> in the water to the left of the fire trap.
10. Torture chmber in Santiago---->under the bed behind the priest sitting @ the table.

these are aztec totems and not rat god totems. the aztec totems are needed in the tenotchitlan quest. there are actually 15 different aztec totems, the 3 of them can only be found once. the other 12 can be found in some specific locations (you have already point 9 locations) or through a radmon trader (1 in 200 chance if i remember correctly). 1 of the 3 unique is found during the askold quest inside the temple where you kill the spanish. 1 of the 3 unique is on tenotchitlan city left of the dam all the way to the rock in the water. and the last one is on the left side of the great temple, going through the underwater labyrinth.

as for rat god totems there are plenty locations, in tenotchitlan if you have the totem from the askold quest can get a dozen or more. the first treasure in the brothel quest gives one. the seek spy quest for the pearl colonies gives one, random treasure chests gives one at a time (if you already have one you must leave it to your chest to be able to find another in random treasures). and many more that cant remember.
just hunt treasures and you ll get as many as you want if you do the above. have in mind the treasures are setted before entering the tavern and getting a map. so leave your totem in the ship's chest before entering a tavern. sooner or later you ll get them.

these are aztec totems and not rat god totems. the aztec totems are needed in the tenotchitlan quest. there are actually 15 different aztec totems, the 3 of them can only be found once. the other 12 can be found in some specific locations (you have already point 9 locations) or through a radmon trader (1 in 200 chance if i remember correctly). 1 of the 3 unique is found during the askold quest inside the temple where you kill the spanish. 1 of the 3 unique is on tenotchitlan city left of the dam all the way to the rock in the water. and the last one is on the left side of the great temple, going through the underwater labyrinth.

as for rat god totems there are plenty locations, in tenotchitlan if you have the totem from the askold quest can get a dozen or more. the first treasure in the brothel quest gives one. the seek spy quest for the pearl colonies gives one, random treasure chests gives one at a time (if you already have one you must leave it to your chest to be able to find another in random treasures). and many more that cant remember.
just hunt treasures and you ll get as many as you want if you do the above. have in mind the treasures are setted before entering the tavern and getting a map. so leave your totem in the ship's chest before entering a tavern. sooner or later you ll get them.

yes i know, ive completed that quest, i just thought id add those so ppl if and when they need help can use it as a tutorial.

Back