• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Readjusting the difficulty of the game

blackmane

Sailor Apprentice
I really love this game but it seems like i can't get the hang of it. What really frustrates me is the varying difficulty. I tried to play on admiral from the start, but it seems impossible to me. The downside of the lower difficulties is that after a certain point, the game gets easy as cake. I am currently playing some steps above bosun (forgot what it was called) and i would love to have some slider to raise the difficulty to admiral again. Is there any way to do that? Messing with the savegame?

And how do I unlock the muskets? I am aware of this thread:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14293-unlock-mushket-for-equip/page__hl__musket__fromsearch__1
but the simply doesn't start with those files. Is it required to have the CoAS Hardcore Edition 1.2.3.? What is that hardcore edition anyway?

And where can I edit the captain's cabin size? I thought it would be funny to have a manowar sized sized cabin in the blue bird for example...

So long :cheers

Hello dude. Unfortunately i think you cannot readjust the difficulty without denaturing totally gameplay.:

It's a RPG game, but most rpg games compensate your growing skiils and experience with better ennemies.

But for realism sake in this very game ennemy skill level does not vary from start to end(in function of your lvel), and if they did, it would make it kinda unrealistical in my opinion.

The only solution for you is the rational approach of starting participating battle only when your allies are outnumbering your ennemies, nerver fight outside allied fort range, never attack bigger ships, etc etc until you get the skills, officers, and ship sufficient to live by yourself.

Hope this helps :doff

I heard from "Handel" that the Russian version of the game has another slider that determines how the NPCs will level as your character does ranging from 1 to 10. This slider allows for improved and more challenging gameplay because enemies gain skills, levels, and abilities everytime you do. I am not sure, but this slider may be hidden somewhere in the game if a modder can figure out how to re-add it. Maybe the Seaward contacts would know about the slider and how to re-enable it.

Back