• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tutorial Real dmg mod

xmaciejox

Landlubber
Hi, guys

I am playing GOF and I don't exactly know how the real canon damage mod works. (I am talking about mod that makes more damage with higher caliber than alot of fast shooting 4" caliber)
Mod is really cool, and now with 32" canon i make much more damage than with 4" despite the long reload time. But i don't know how accurate is info on canon description after mod launch.

For example, 4" gun has dmg x 0.6 and 32" has x 4.5 (and after turning mod ON its very visible in practice)

But question is, is the difference between canon 32" x 3.5 and culverine 32" x 4.5 will be applied too ??
Is the dmg description still accurate ??? when mod is on
Are the differences between each canon dmg still working exactly as said in discriptions of canons in game, or is it somehow custom now ?

Sorry for my english. I've written load of text to ask simple question but don't know how to describe it in other worlds :)

Anyways, waitin for some answers :)

The people who made that mod says it is better and they are the experts. I do believe the difference between cannons and culverins are applied too.

It is better, but it's still just numerical damage being applied to numerical "health bars."

It is better, but it's still just numerical damage being applied to numerical "health bars."

I don't play with the health bars on....and a lot of other people don't either if you look at the todays scrreenshot topic....I think its beeter to say that its applied against hit points....but thats like the same with 95 percent of all games anyway....

Unfortunately, that it true, and right now it is the only way. We're working to fix that with Hearts of Oak, but we have no idea if it will work or not.

You're right.... I guess I was originally trying to say that the damage scale is pretty arbitrary to begin with.

Short and late answer, yes cannon and culverine damage have been implemented. Cannons will give you as with everything some pro's and cons, faster reloading, less space taken up from your cargohold etc. Culverines will take longer to reload but will cause more damage than the similar calibre of cannon, they will use more space in your cargohold and they cost more to gold to buy.

Back