• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Real time sailing!

also

Landlubber
Can i sail from one island to another from the sea and not only from the map mode? Will i meet ships(pirates, merchants, patrols) that i would see if i was sailing in the map mode?
When in sea, i can see other islands in the horizon and according to the map they are real! But can i reach them when in sea mode? And if i can, will pirates chase me, for example?
I know it would take a lot of time but i would just like to know.
THNX! :)

The build mod (PotC) has this... Direct Sail... however it was a huge undertaking and believed to be impossible by the developers (we proved them wrong xD:)

I dont know if CoAS has but if it doesnt dont expect it anytime soon :no

The direct island to island sailing undermine the basic principles of the game and it is actually kinda cheating. I guess you will meet only the normal near-the-island ships but no ships between the islands.

The build mod (PotC) has this... Direct Sail... however it was a huge undertaking and believed to be impossible by the developers (we proved them wrong xD:)

In Build Mod, when you travel from one island to another by direct sailing, do you meet other ships, storms and other stuff on your way?
Also, is there going to be created a mod for CoaS like Build Mod? Something that upgrades the game in general by adding new ships, characters, improving textures, adding new story lines maybe and stuff like that?

COAS has a limited version of it. The landmasses are there alright, but they use low-res textures, you can't land in the ports, and meet no ships or storms.

yes yes and no,cause of loading screen on last one.but yeah ya can run into storms
and random ships at any time though.

But i guess that if you are looking for a specific ship, like one from a mission or a unique one(Flying Dutchman, Black Pearl, Endeavour and so on) you won't find it while 3D direct sailing. Am i right?

Back