• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Realistic Game Mode: Take into account Ship Party Skills to check Fleet Command

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Until the player reaches a Leadership skill of 5, you will get a Leadership penalty of -1 when you have multiple ships.
When you try to assign a captain to a companion ship, you should get a warning about this too.

This is rather unfortunate as it would be much nicer if officers could contribute to your ability to command a fleet!
Unfortunately that now causes an "infinite loop CTD".
Problem is that you get into a situation where CalcShipSkill ends up calling itself again.
This could probably be solved with more rewrites of the underlying code, but that is a complicated thing to do without messing up game performance again. :modding

I am an IDIOT!
Of course CalcShipSkill shouldn't be calling CalcShipSkill again; it should be calling GetPartySkill!
That is the whole reason why two weeks ago I added an extra ShipSkill level ABOVE the PartySkill level.
Apparently a Friday night after a week of intense mental work isn't the best time for thinking straight. :shock

Therefore I have now made the code changes required so that officers DO allow you to command bigger ships and have a fleet.
This does NOT cause any CTDs anymore. And on Brave Black Flag, I immediately see that I can command ships up to Tier 2 due to the extra officers you get.

So I think this should actually be working again like it should as per the next update.
Does need to be tested to confirm though, of course. ;)

There are a whole bunch of crazy errors related to this.
I fixed the ones that actually affect what you can and can't do and there are NO CTDs despite allowing officers to contribute.
However, all the "Are you sure?" questions aren't at all working like they were apparently intended to.
Trying to figure something out for that now. :modding

Well, that all seems to work quite a bit better now!

All the "Are you sure?" dialogs are now being shown in order instead of only the last one.
They also seem to show when they should as far as I can tell, so this may actually be working properly now.

@Grey Roger should be pleased with that one.... :rolleyes:

After a good few hours of messing around with this, it seems that this is now working as intended.
Required code changes included in the ZIP here: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | Page 6 | PiratesAhoy!

Please test this on Realistic Game Mode. Officers SHOULD contribute to you being able to command higher tier ships and have fleets.
All the numbers should display correctly with your officers' "maximum ship tier" NOT being affected by their officer role any longer.

When assigning companions, you should also get warnings as appropriate.
If there are multiple warnings, you will get to see ALL of them after each other; this wasn't the case before.
@Levis: Since this was originally your code, please have a look at it to see if I didn't do anything stupid.... :facepalm

Back