• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Recruiting fighter officers

Teemu Elo

Landlubber
I seem to be coming here a lot to ask help of late, don't I? Anyhow. Today's problem is that I can't for the life of me find almost any fighter officers, and the one in a dozen that is one has a reputation of shark or bloody assassin or the like (Not good for a relatively nice cap'n). Is there some secret place i'm missing out on where all the sword-wavers hang out? xP

ED; Grahhh.. Trend continues. Very, very few fighters and the ones that I find are rotten scoundrels. Should I hire them anyways, though their loyalty will sink with what my mostly honest line of work?

The pirates towns always seem like they have the best fighters to me. I have got some good ones in Puerto Rico too.

You think fighters are hard to find, try finding navigator early on. In almost every game I have played I haven't been able to find a navigator but alway's find fighters, funny thing is though when I need fighters I find loads of navigators but no fighters. I must be one f the most unlucky captains either that or the officers get wind of me been in town and avoid the tavern like the plague.:eek::modding

Maybe we should team up. I'll fool the navigators so they think you're outta town, and you send any fighters to me? I did eventually find one with a neutral reputation.. Aaand promptly had Engine.Exe crash before I had the mind to save. After some creative swearing I went back to running merchant errands and now I have one fighter with a reputation of trusted sailor. It's a start..

Yeah that'll work, if only this game was multiplayer.

I've had that happen a few times and I can imagine the creative swearing because I have done the exact same thing, but now I use a simple 4 save slot system, save 1 just before setting sail from a harbour, save 2 for entering a harbour, save 3 for any encounters and save 4 is the auto save created when boarding an enemy ship. I alway's save before leaving port of any town, and I alway's save before entering a battle from the world map (this is one is more to do with testing habits than anything though) and I alway's save as soon as I enter port (before getting off my ship). I do have a 5th slot for random saving, like for when I have to do something and need to close the game down etc, but that isn't used much.

i never can find a carpenter or doctor, very very rarely do i come across a doctor in bermuda, but never a carpenter, i always have to get one of my officers to pull double duty
:rumgone

Don't forget that sometimes, one person could be e.g. fighter, sth and sth at the same time.

Back