• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Recruitment - Modeller, Mapper, Composer, etc.

Lord Hayden

Landlubber
I am interested in joining your modding team. I am just an all round modder, and have had experience in both the Unreal and Source engine modding. I would like to join because I have yet to find a pirate game that allowed me to do nearly everything I want, and while Bethesda's Pirates of the Carribbean game came close, there were just several major things that ruined the game for me. I believe if I join, I can assist in making the possibly best pirate game to date.

I am familiar with modelling in 3DS Max, Blender, and Google Sketchup. I have mapped with Hammer (Source Engine) and compose myself with various instruments. I am more then happy to give my opinions on storylines/ideas, etc. and would be more then happy to spend time into making this mod the best it could be.

Thanks, Lord Hayden. <3

Ahoy Lord Hayden, Welcome aboard mate! :dance

For me, the definitive pirate games that I have played are Sid Meier's original classic Pirates! and Sea Dogs. Pirates suffered from a severe lack of graphics due to hardware limitations, and Sea Dogs suffered a bit in translation, but it's heart was in the right place! I know exactly what you mean about POTC mate, it certainly was not Sea Dogs II! Our goal is to make the game that we have always wanted to play, and that will include pirates in a big way!

We are currently working on getting organized, and we are slowly getting there! Have a look around the forums and feel free to jump right in on any topic that interests you. You have quite an impressive skill set there mate, and I am sure we will need any help you are willing to offer.

Back