• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Reduce Effect From Skill Items

Ok, here is my items file, just updated with the skill bonus just now. It includes all of the following changes:

1) skill boosts for blade kit and lockpick to +2

2) Rebalanced rifle stats

3) Melee weapons except for unique or quest swords and jeweled dagger all have prices reduced to 50%

4) moved/added item changes reverted from last update to preserve save compatibility.

Previous ones I posted do not include all of the changes, so this one would be the one to use if they are decided to be implemented.

Attachments

• initItems.c
    313.6 KB · Views: 120
Here's my version with "LongRifle_C" and "LongRifle_CT" back to maxdamage 250 so they correctly depict Sharpe's rifle. Bladekit is back to +1 because it's already a useful item, helping protect your weapons against degradation. To give Fencing a boost, +1 is added to book14, "How To Repel Boarders" - before that, it only gave one bonus whereas several other books give two. The price of the book is doubled to reflect its new significance.

Attachments

• initItems.c
    313.6 KB · Views: 112
Grey Roger, we now have a new Hornblower rifle added in the rifle thread, so I've reverted the LongRifle_C to its normal stats, but kept your changes to bladekit and the boarding book.

The file attached to this post can used until we are ready to risk saved game compatibility and the adding items glitch, and then the new Baker Rifle from the rifle thread can be merged in (all of the hornblower files are updated there as well).

Attachments

• initItems.c
    313.6 KB · Views: 102
I will try to code this tonight so it shows up right in the interface etc.

everybody agrees on dividing on the difficulty level?

sorry I got a little suprise yesterday so I wasn't able to make it. Hopefully tonight..

Okay, please try this. I've included the inititems by @Tingyun and changed some interface stuff to communicate this to the player.
You can now right click on the skill (in the character interface) to see what influences the skill also the divider is show in the items interface
Extract this to your potc root folder (where the exe is located).

If you want to test how it looks run this code trough the console:
Code:
GiveItem2Character(pchar,"book2");
    SetSkillCharMod(pchar, SKILL_SAILING, 1, "natural", "natural born saior")
    ResetSkillModifierAll(pchar);

it will give you an item which boosts commerce and accuracy and it will give you a personal boost for sailing.

this is how it looks in the interface:
seadogs2_0002.png

Attachments

• Items_Fix.zip
    103.7 KB · Views: 123
I probably need to make the screens which show the info a bit larger now, but I will only do that once people say they like this way of showing it.

Wow, Levis, this looks incredible! The new screens are so nice! :)

It's big enough for me already, but bigger would be ok too. Either way it looks GREAT!

Thank you! Downloaded, installed, will test further whenever I get a chance to play, but looks great!

@Levis After installing your items fix, F2 wont work no more. Nothing happens when when
you hit the F2 button,

Attachments

• error.log
    1.9 KB · Views: 101
Yes! Yes that im strongly convinced about. But I can do it again if I dont loose other
updates such as @Grey Rogers Ardent Storyline?

I installed latest update again, and installed your Zip: Same result F2 dont work.

Yes I think so, here it is

Attachments

• error.log
    1.9 KB · Views: 94
Back