• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Reducing ship upkeep

skaparate

Landlubber
Hi, I wanted to help anyone with problems of upkeep (without mod), so do the following:

1.- Go to the folder C:\Program files\Playlogic\Age of pirates 2\Program\Scripts and open the file crew.c with the notepad (I recomend to install notepad++ to open this files or any compiler IDE).
2.- Search for the function called GetSalaryForShip and then search for the following sentence: return nPaymentQ;.
3.- Add 2 slash before nPaymentQ; like this: return //nPaymentQ;.
4.- Write any value starting from 0 after the return, like this: return 0;. You must add the semicolon after the value, else it will not work.

If you want to return the default values, simply delete the value you added and remove the 2 slash, like this: return nPaymentQ;. You can edit this file while the game is running, but it will only take effect after you restart the game.

I hope this will help anyone with this sort of troubles.

Greetings.

Hi, I wanted to help anyone with problems of upkeep (without mod), so do the following:

1.- Go to the folder C:\Program files\Playlogic\Age of pirates 2\Program\Scripts and open the file crew.c with the notepad (I recomend to install notepad++ to open this files or any compiler IDE).
2.- Search for the function called GetSalaryForShip and then search for the following sentence: return nPaymentQ;.
4.- Write any value starting from 0 after the return, like this: return 0;. You must add the semicolon after the value, else it will not work.

If you want to return the default values, simply delete the value you added and remove the 2 slash, like this: return nPaymentQ;. You can edit this file while the game is running, but it will only take effect after you restart the game.

Greetings.

sounds like cheating to me :wp I don't see much use for it, since after a few ranks you'll be swimming in piasters. And I think those poor sailors, who risk their necks for your greed, deserve their monthly wages. I understand that it is difficult in the beginning. I've had that problem meself... and I used another (dirty?) trick myself when I was strapped for cash. Before the first of a month I disbanded the whole crew in tavern. Then after the first day had passed, I simply rehired the crew (in RL.exe they would whack u on you're head for that, not to mention the reaction of the union! Have u ever seen sailors on strike? They'd burn your tub.).

Now I'm swimming in cash and I pay them regularly :cheers

Greetings.

I don't see much use for it, since after a few ranks you'll be swimming in piasters.
Now I'm swimming in cash and I pay them regularly :cheers

That be a good reason to increase the upkeep charges. :yes

Hi! I have problems with monthly wages too. Ship upkeep is around 6000 (60 crew members and one officer, schooner), but in the end of month demanding is about 100 000! Is this a bug or I do something wrong?

Did you edit the files?

If you have then yes you have done something wrong, if you haven't then its a bug since no wage for 60 crew and a Schooner should cost 100k per month.

Did you edit the files?

If you have then yes you have done something wrong, if you haven't then its a bug since no wage for 60 crew and a Schooner should cost 100k per month.

No I didn't edit files. It must be a bug. I see there are modes for the game (CMv3.1.5 Complete Mod). Do they contain some bug fixes?

I've never come across that bug, and till now i didn't even know of this bug. Have you tried a different ship it could be something that is easy to clear without a new game been started.

I know what the bug is....

or at least I thinkg I know....

It only happens on your first ship, so far I have only played as Peter Blood. I captured the Frigate and went to sell it and downgrade, the ship was only selling for scraps after the latest CM patch. I also noticed that I had a HUGE upkeep. The way to get rid of this is change ships and change back again and at least for me, I have had normal monthly upkeep and sale prices since.

It only happens on your first ship, so far I have only played as Peter Blood. I captured the Frigate and went to sell it and downgrade, the ship was only selling for scraps after the latest CM patch. I also noticed that I had a HUGE upkeep. The way to get rid of this is change ships and change back again and at least for me, I have had normal monthly upkeep and sale prices since.
Hmm... I noticed huge upkeep for the frigate but I set navigator as captain of that ship and bought cheaper one. Then upkeep was normal but that was only in ship menu. In the end of month it was still huge. Even when I sold frigate and fired everyone and bought sloop the problem remained. Maybe someone can upload crew c file and I will try to solve problem by replacing it.

Actually I tried to make changes in the script. Ship upkeep in the menu is the number I entered in the script, but still had to pay that huge amount in the end of month.

you probably didnt pay one month, and it transfered to the next
:keith
It must be that. I used the frigate for a while to earn some money and that caused problem. Even when I changed that ship the crew remained the same I guess and still wanted to kill me. I tried to sell it in april and in the beginning of may wages were normal : D Thanks everyone for help. This game is total disaster, it doesn't look cool like others, it's buggy... but I like it so much! : D

I wouldn't call that a bug...It's a nice penalty for running too big ship for your skills (like skill penalty, but this one is a bit more direct) :dance

Hmm... I noticed huge upkeep for the frigate but I set navigator as captain of that ship and bought cheaper one. Then upkeep was normal but that was only in ship menu. In the end of month it was still huge. Even when I sold frigate and fired everyone and bought sloop the problem remained. Maybe someone can upload crew c file and I will try to solve problem by replacing it.

Yes, all you have to do is get a new ship, I've found that if you were to capture a new one, swap, then swap back its solved.

some custom ships have a strnage and funny bug. they don't stop dropping cannons! i got a billion by trying to refill brocken ones.

Back