• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rejected Quests?!

Ivana

Powder Monkey
Hi peeps :gday

I'm really new at this game! I've been using your guides and walkthroughs! I have to add THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE!!!
I've been playing as Peter Blood, I adore the game tough there are some things I still don't quite understand. Could someone please tell me what happens if you reject one of the main quests, can you get the quest later even if you rejected it?!
I did that not knowing it was a main quest and it's really bugging me now and I wouldn't wanna loose all the progress I've made! There are literally hours of gameplay behind me and I don't want to do everything all over again!
I've rejected the thing with killers who ask you to follow them into the dungeon, I was just starting to play, and I'm a girl and get scared easy so I refused to go to dungeons at the time, and I also refused the pirate guy who asked me to go to AFamousePirateWhoseNameICan'tRemmember :facepalm

Can I get those quests again?

Thank you for your help!

I'm not quite sure which quest that is but the only "story" quests in the game are the Nations quest lines, the start of the Blood story, CoAS, Beautiful Isabella and Tech....something, maybe I'm missing one more. Generally speaking you can't reject these and more often than not, you can't fail them either though there are instances where you can; I don't want to give any examples for the risk of giving out spoilers.

But all the other quests you'll encounter are side quests which are given by random NPC's.

Anyone else care to give an opinion? It's been a while since I've played the game.

Sure, I'll give an opinion. I've been playing it like crazy.

The guys wanting to kill you in the dungeons will repeat, but that isn't really a major quest. I just go with them and kill them whenever they talk to me. I don't worry about finishing in earnest that whole quest. That said, it's probably a good idea you didn't go early in the game, as some of those fights can be very tough in the early game.

I think you're talking about Henry Morgan when it comes to the famous pirate. You get his first quest when talking to Jackmann in the Pirate settlement, who sends you to Captain Goodley, who sends you to Morgan in Port Royale. You can actually talk to Morgan at any time by going to his residence in Port Royale, though if it's your first time talking to him and you don't have a quest to go to him, you'll just talk about pearls and end up going after Bartholomew Sharp for info on pearl divers.

In either case you should be fine. Like OP said, you can't actually reject the main quests, so far as we know.

Well there are a few more.... ;)

The Bluebird quest, The cursed undead village of Des Moines and the search for the Brig Queen, defeating the Flying Dutchman, the Kill the Beggars and the Ascold quest, the Pearl Divers and the Morgan quest which is seperate from the Pirate nations quest. The guys in the dungeons are actually linked to one of these quests. ;) Some of these are linked together actually.

There are some quests if you refuse, you will never get again. The Bluebird is one of these.

Also the Governors quests are seperate from the Nations quests. Once you start down a nations quest line, you will not be able to accept nations quests from other nations until that questline is TOTALLY completed.

MK

Are you sure about the last one? Although I have played a lot, I never finished a nation questline full, yet I think when you finish it and become an admiral for them, why would the other nations hire you?

It doesn't make sense. Its a PC game. ;)

However, I am certain sure from experience. The only nations quest I have not played is Spain. I'm certain that the others can be done in succession, but only if you complete the last mission successfully. I have done this with Holland and then Pirate in one game and then England and then Holland in another game. I have never done more than two in a row. I'm sure there is more about this in another topic.

It's all a matter of how that nation regards you. There are some ways to cheat to get back in their good graces, if you've been attacking them. First find the diplomat on Bermuda and repair your reputation with that nation. Then get a priest in a town of the desired nationality to give you a dungeon mission. There is a glitch/bug in the code so that often you can go back to him after completion of purging the undead from that vicinity, to tell him the cave is clean - you can keep telling him that the cave is clean over and over in the dialogue. Each time you do this your reputation will go up and your status will improve with that nation. You can do this until you are at "Admiration" level. Once there go find a governor and take on a mission.

I've heard others say it can't be done as well, but I've done it. At least two in a row I have in the combos I mentioned. I think there are others in that thread I mention that talk about doing it as well. I will mention after I played through the French nations quest, I tried to get the Spanish to give me missions over and over and they wouldn't. There might be something else involved here. :shrug You know how you can only fight the undead to take black pearls between the 10th and 20th of each month..... I've sometimes wondered if there is a speacial date or condition that has to exist before another nation will give you missions.

One other thing I will say is that I've only done this with the CM mods, never in vanilla. I use the reinit button often when I edit things. I don't think this would reset anything, except add the changes I made.

MK

Ok! Thank you guys!! :onya I didn't think this through very well!! I really can't reject quests! They just stay open in my logbook!!! :facepalm I already finished the Bluebird quest, the Tec.....something with the Aztec temple, and the story of beautiful Isabella (I stud her up on the wedding, I'm not sure how long does she wait for you to come to her town, but after reading that she cheats on you with the governer and doesn't let you be a pirat I decided to leave this alone for the time being), now I'm reading about other quests and trying to decide witch quest to do next!

YES!! Thank you Siadhal I did mean Henry Morgan!!
Thank you all for replaying!

I have just a nother question! How do I get the Rat Totem or whatever the thing is called!?! The rats are driving me crazy!! I know I've read somewhere about it but I can't find the post anymore! :shrug

And here's where I come to tell you how to get them... hahahaha.
This tactic is only for Adaults...
For kids... Please turn off your speaker...

Easiest way is the Brothel...
Have you ever gone there?
Do you know what happen when you do?

You should turn your speaker off.. or lower your volume... it's gonna make you :razz

Get enough money like 50,000 is enough.
I don't know where the Cheapest Brothel in the game... in Bridgetown, It only cost 2200 ? 2300 ? i think...
You only need to do this 5 Times.

First off.

Save before doing this stupid tactic...

Now head inside the Brothel and talk to the ladies in the Lobby.
Choose the 3rd Option (Sweet/Romance Talk).
You must read their dialogs, Find which one of the girls that like your sweettalk.
Hope you can tell which one is her...

Now once you found her. Remember her first name.
Go to the Manager. and choose the 1st option and now choose the option where you give a name... (Forgot which dialog was it)

Now once you gave her the name. Head upstairs ~ for an exciting moment of your character life ~
BEWARE though...
After that.............................

-SAVE-

Now head to the Tavern, and sleep for a day.
Head back to the Brothel and give the manager the same name as yesterday.
Head upstairs and repeat this tactic around 5-7Times.
Once you done this 5-7times.
After... uhhh... the ''MOMENT''

-SAVE!!!-

Now talk to her.
A dialog will appear saying that '' SHE IS ATTRACTED TO YOU ''
If it doesn't. Load and keep talking to her until you get this dialogs about her being Attracted to you.

DO NOT SPAM THE DIALOG CHAT.
This tactic does not update your LogBook.
So have a Pen or Pencil and Paper.

During the Conversation. Read Carefully.
She will talk about a Drunk Client, Blabbering about a Treasure Chest with an ugly Mask. ( RAT TOTEM )
Then she will give you the location of the Treasure Chest.
(Write Down the Location)

And head to that place, and find a Treasure Box filled with Rat Totem and $$$ more you spent on the brothel.
Mine was Rat Totem and 192??? money xD wuhuuu !!

Hope this disgusting , Irritating and stupid tactic help you...

And also, Apon doing the Flying Dutchman Quest.

If you loot one of the Box inside the Cabin.
There is another Rat Totem there.

And by buying an EXPENSIVE TREASURE MAP ( By luck )
Follow it and take the loot inside the box filled with GOODS and $$$
If your lucky ( RAT TOTEM )

Back