• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] Compass Area Alternate Version(s)

Joe Dagger

Freibeuter
Storm Modder
Two versions for the young Cap and the old Seawolf to chose from.
--Version for the Captain--

-Wind arrow is now a slim version and light blue for better view but also not to distract.
-A compass degree scale tells you the direction more precisely. The white mark (line) is the bow of your ship you can use that to set course.
-The black cross is gone also the ship in the middle, you know where your ship is so no need for that, both removed for more overview in the "radar".
-Removed the ring and the colour from the reloading texture, I like this better... a matter of taste you still have the bright green for reloading status and the less bright green for loaded cannons.​

--Drawback or bugs Captain?--
-The view is a little smaller inside the radar (maybe 3-4 pixels), it doesn't have much impact since you can zoom in and out so only a minor thing.
-The scale of the degrees is not 100% accurate. Maybe a 4 degrees shift this only counts if you sail North for instance and exactly behind is not 180 degree but 176 or 184 not sure right now, still no biggie I just wanted to tell you.​

--Version for the Fleet Admiral--
:sail

-Radar? What is this? Witchcraft I tell you matey!
-You don't want and get a radar you use your eye sight and spyglass only.
-Aye Sir, no radar no overview just use the 3D view... trust me it's a different way of playing, if you are more the realistic kind of player this is for you.​

--Drawback or bugs Admiral?--
-You will miss the radar? If not then you should like this version better I know I do.

--Installation--
-Before doing anything make backups of the files before you overwrite them.
  1. compass.tga.tx
  2. indicators_dark_and_center_ship.tga.tx
  3. wind_pointer.tga.tx
-Pick only one version Captain or the Admiral (since they would overwrite each other obviously).
The files go there:

Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\Textures\BATTLE_INTERFACE

All attached to this post.

Have fun!
:cheers
Cheers
Joe Dagger​

Attachments

• alternate_compass+wind needle.rar
    137.5 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Nice!
me.gif
I like the new look!

I have actually always wished for a more traditional, historically authentic compass, like this 17th century example or this binnacle compass rose.

MK

Attachments

• m_2.jpg
    m_2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 240
  • CompassRose.gif
    CompassRose.gif
    64.7 KB · Views: 247
Some nice compass rose there MK. Thinking about it, in the version without the radar there is now plenty of space so we can use that for a full scale compass... though we might lose the overview a little if the compass is full of that much information... might be difficult to see the wind arrow I'll give it a try.

Cheers friends. :dance

EDIT
Hmm one might as well get rid of the wind arrow since you can figure out the wind direction by looking at your flag on your vessel... maybe that is a nice idea for a more hardcore game experience .

Joe, the Cap'n version can benefit from a white line, may be one radius long, in the position where the ship marker was (in the middle, aligned with the little white beep, and with the same thickness).

It is to help gauging your relative angle with the ship you are chasing/running for.

Cheers.
buho (A).

EDITED.

Sorry the dupe. My connection or the forum are having some glitchs.

buho (A).

Joe, the Cap'n version can benefit from a white line, may be one radius long, in the position where the ship marker was (in the middle, aligned with the little white beep, and with the same thickness).

It is to help gauging your relative angle with the ship you are chasing/running for.

Cheers.
buho (A).
Okay matey I can readjust that for you if you like. But had have a look at the "Sea Master" version first. Guess that's far better than my previous try.
:will

Found a nifty compass and it's free to use... my monitor is a little funky at the moment but the brightness should be okay. I'm at my old monitor so here the preview looks a little dark but was good at my better gear *lol*

The Sea Master version

################
####Version for####
##the Sea Master###
################
-All the same as the Admiral version but more nifty and fitting look.

-In addition No wind arrow you figure on the ship's flag from where the wind is blowing.

Installation
############
-I used 7zip since it has better compression.
-Before doing anything make backups of the files before you overwrite them.

compass.tga.tx
indicators_cannons_reload.tga.tx
indicators_dark_and_center_ship.tga.tx
wind_pointer.tga.tx

The files from the 7z goes in here:
Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\Textures\BATTLE_INTERFACE

If you?
#######
Want the wind arrow back you can take it from the Captain or the Admiral version or simply use the original AoP2 arrow.

Credits
#######
Big thanks to Ioan Decean for the free psd compass! :bow

Have fun!
Cheers
Joe Dagger

Attachments

• for the Sea Master.7z
    58 KB · Views: 136
Joe,

I like that one way better! I am going to use it in my game.

Nice work! :onya

MK

Beautiful, thats for sure.

But, excuse me, mate, I'll stay with the "landlubber one", with radar and arrow. ;)

Cheers.
buho (A).

Thanks MK glad you enjoy it :sail

Buho just so I understand you better do you like to have A or B considering the images below... or both? xD:
A

B

No preference, really, both adapts very well to my liking.

Thanks, mate.
buho (A).

:gday
Okay I'll do A then and post it later. Guess tomorrow if nothing comes in the way

cheers
Joe

Done, just pick the Captain version and you can overwrite the content with this one and you have the requested changes.
;)

Attachments

• indicators_dark_and_center_ship.tga.rar
    5.7 KB · Views: 117
Back