• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] GOF 1.1 ITALIAN TRANSLATION

Hi,

I want to do a french translation, and want to see what kinds of file you modify for this one ...

The problems is the link is broken, i'm unable to download your translation ... can you re-actualise it?

You need to translate:

- Nearly all or all the ".h" files in the Program\Text subdirs.

- Every ".txt" file in RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian, including the questbook subdir.

- The RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian\common.INI file.

- May be some other INI, h or txt files I'm not aware of.

- A bunch of ".C" files, scattered all around where the modders (including myself) used in-line strings without any care for the (unpalatable) localization strategy Akella implemented in the game.

Only the three first points amount for hundreds of files and thousands of lines, and any little mistake in the files structure will bring the game down or, at least, broke the involved dialogs or screens.

The ".txt" files in RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian are especially tricky: they have translatable text and non-translatable label names, you need to get the handle on them or you are risking a lot of errors:

BasicDefense {Basic Defensive Arts}
perkBasicDefense {
Received damage decreases by 10%.
}

Add to the mix that you are translating to french, where phrases tend to be longer than in english: you are going to run out of space lotsa times, which calls for a deep context knowledge to choice the right wording.

And you are going to expend the rest of your life trying to cope with modders adding string on top of strings on top of strings, some (most?) times in-line in the C sources :d:.

If you have not a solid experience localizing software and a sizable knowldge of the game itself it is going to be a real hell for you (a fearsome lot of work anyway).

Best of luck for you!
buho (A).

Back