• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] Interface: Open game menu after death

inverted

Landlubber
File Name: Interface: Open game menu after death
File Submitter: Rummonger
File Submitted: 10 Apr 2011
File Category: City of Abandoned Ships Mods

Changes the on death mechanics, so the game will not exit to Main Menu (or give the death screen), instead the Game Menu will come up. I left the death music playing in the background, so you can feel the sorrow. ;)
Obviously you cannot save or resume the game.
Also, the default selection of the Game Menu will be "Load" (not "New Game").

Please note that this does not make it much faster to load after death, but it does save you the frustration to have to stare at the death screen over and over again in certain situations, particularly at higher difficulties.

Compatibility:
NOT compatible with any mod changing the seadogs.c or game_menu.c files.
I recommend you to use it with my Save/Load screen adjustments.

Installation:
Double check that you don't have any mods that use the seadogs.c file (or maybe the game_menu.c)!
Unpack to main game dir and overwrite.
You can create your own backup beforehand, or use the included backup files to revert to vanilla.

If you have a modified seadogs.c and you know what you're doing, you can replace the GameOver() part with the one from this file.

Click here to download this file

Nice Mod mate!
me.gif

How would yo like to talk about being part of the GoF team?

I've wished for this for a very long time. This is a serious time and convenience saver. :onya

Thanks Mate!

MK

Nice Mod mate!
me.gif

How would yo like to talk about being part of the GoF team?
I'm glad you like it. Now that I've used it for quite a while I can say that it removed most of my frustration at those repeated death situations (actually that one-shooting pearl village dude "inspired" me to make this).

About the GoF team, I'm flattered by the offer but sadly I'm so busy nowadays (in general, and with modding another game) that I couldn't even find some time to try GoF yet. :shrug

And what I forgot to add to the description is that obviously anyone is free to use this in their mods, just try to not forget me when writing the credits list.

Back