• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release [REL] MUSKETS AN MUSKETONS

Madoxx

Landlubber
Mod for vanila game is finaly here thanks to BACK84 who actualy wrote how to do it in forum I just followed instructions. It alowes all three game characters to wield muskets. It works awesome!!!!

LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZVRW80JF

You dear sir just opened a can of awesome. But the file is not available on megaupload :( and perhaps you could integrate it in the GOF Mod or the CM Mod? I sadly dont have a clean vanilla install because my COAS folder is already about 25 GB big having the SOF mod and the CM 3.2 mod and some backup files. And I dont think I will do a clean install just for shooting with a musket. Although I really want to, therefore I would try to integrate it in the CM mod :D

About the mod integration I am working on it. I managet to make it work with two vanila characters no luck with Peter Blood so far

do somebody know which blad.gm is used in game? the last version of him one after you capture frigate

Here Is the link for Muskets in combined mod 3.2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RTSSZO23

peter blood doesnt work like it should becaus instead in both hands he is using it like oversized pistol together with sword so recommend to play with Espinoza or that second guy

Yep it works! For double the fun, I recommend using the double barreled gun, now some have a reason not to finish this quest :) There is some "matchlock musket" in the files which is used as a normal pistol by all characters but I suppose that thing doesnt show up in the regular game anyway. I think Peter Blood does not work because he was changed so much from the vanilla one. You can even use those in close combat, but the most damage I could do was 63 with a critical so I suppose you should have plenty ammo ready when you kill people with a gun ;)

Wow, Masoxx! Good job on this mod. You have accomplished something we have been trying to do for some time now but with limited success.
danse1.gif

I will test it further and, with your permission, include it in the GoF mod we are finishing up.
urgh.gif

Update:

Nicolas, Diego, yes but Bonaventure and Red Legs can wield a musket too. I tried them out with your mod and it worked.
danse1.gif

nope It works without need to start new game. It works properly only while you using musketoon. Thats one from vanila game

Hi Madoxx,

Look at Lai types file for the Pieter Blood problem.......I tried adding,(don't laugh),a horse into PoTC with animation, but it acted as a normal NPC. but all distorted. It's all down to giving the animation to a character type I think, which needs coding properly.
Anyway that probably made no god damned sense at all but maybe you get the drift.

damski.

Whahaha! That's the first time I ever saw anyone accidentally "Pieter" instead of "Peter". It's usually the other way around. My name seems quite difficult. :rofl

Madoxx, can you do this for the other Hero's and Officers in CM V3.2?

Update:

Actually I figured out how to add all the other hero's and officers but I could not do it for the girls or Blaze, Hawk, Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Barbosa, Beltropa, Davy Jones, Alexander?
dunno.gif

Any idea how I can remedy this?

Back