• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] OP Sound mods

Officerpuppy

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I'm currently in the process of attempting to port my AOP mods into COAS, I hope to have something done by tonight or tomorrow I'm currently reaquainting myself with the file structures and figuring out how I made what work in the AOP files so I can do the same for the COAS files.

MC-COAS music
Adds music from the movie Master and Commander.
http://pyratesahoy.com/coas/Officerpuppy/MC-COAS%20music.7z

POTC-COAS music
Adds music from POTC (game) into COAS.
http://pyratesahoy.com/coas/Officerpuppy/POTC-COAS%20music.7z

BOW-COAS music
Adds music from the movie Brotherhood of the Wolf
http://pyratesahoy.com/coas/Officerpuppy/BOW-COAS.7z

All three music mods are compatible with eachother.

POTC-COAS voices
Adds some voices from POTC (game) into COAS.
(You will need to start a new game for most of the new voices to work)
http://pyratesahoy.com/coas/Officerpuppy/POTC-COAS%20voices.7z

I'm installing POTC over again, I'm going to go through the sound files and look into the possiblity of adding some pirate and citizen voices to mix up a bit with the current COAS voices so theres more varity.

Maybe even add some Portugese accents into the game. :keith

Update:
Alright this will take much longer than expected but I found many files that aren't included in the first version of the mod so expect more varity in the voices :onya

Would it be preferable to have many small voice mods that work together or one big voice mod?

Quick update:

I've found some more voices for governors, priests and some merchants. I'm thinking about maybe adding some soldier voices but considering all the nations use the same voice set, it would be weird to be on a Spanish island and some soldiers speak with French accents, although in the game every soldier regardless of their nationality sound English; I'll figure out what to do with the soldiers last.

I have a voice set for a female English governor(or mayor) but they are all male in the game, pity since it would of been cool to use.

For pirates, something I experimented with in the first version of the mod was to give some people different accents so they don't all sound English. I think I'll cary on that concept with this version as well, especially now that I'll be using some Portugese voices.....theres even one Italian voice, I haven't gotten that far yet to decide where to put him. :dance

New version of the POTC-COAS voices mod is up :onya

Much larger than the previous version with many more new unique voices for COAS, now everyone doesn't sound like the same Englishman over and over :will

I even included a few Portugese voices and an Italian one to make things interesting ;)

I took a look at the AOP voices and found little of use in it, I can see why I made the POTC-AOP voices mod in the first place.

I'm looking into the possiblity of releasing a small new music pack in the near future.

great job,you and all the other coas modders make me wish i could get this game,but finding potc
was hard enough :razz

Sounds really cool. I'm new to this forum. Where can I download your mod? V/R Aaron S.

Link to mods

Update: I've released a new and final mod, BOW-COAS mod. I've also updated all the music mods so they work together, plus I added four new tracks into the POTC-COAS mod. I'm taking a break now since I've pratically pushed out three mods in three days.

There are some unsused tracks in the POTC-COAS and BOW-COAS mods which I might implement in the future. They are music for brothels and forts. Using the tutorial (give forts music) and with some adjustments for COAS, I was able to add music to brothels. The problem is it also requires editing many files and at the moment it goes beyond the scope of the music mods, furthermore I haven't been able to give forts music.

I found a bug or two in the voice mod. One of the merchants in one of the French islands always seems to insult me when I want to buy something. I'm having a similiar problem with some of the French govenors in which they speak in the default voice instead of their French accents, I was pretty sure I replaced the default with the new voices but I guess I missed something.

Something else I found was that the Italian voice I inserted didn't get used in the quest it should of appeared in, I'll have to fix that in a future version as well.

Still an excellent mod though. :onya Everytime I reinstall, I always put in the POTC voices. The Tavern voices and the prisoners amuse me the most. The BOW music was interesting, had a very weird almost surreal experience in the catacombs below Basse Terre with that music playing and skeletons chasing me, definately added to the scary effect. As cool as it was I went back to the Master and Commander music, but kept the one BOW clip for the caves. :yes

V/R AS

Thanks! I like the cave music myself, the town specific music gets a bit annoying after a while though, I don't know why it's not randomized between specific tracks like POTC or AOP.

Back