• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] Quick Map (quickmap) fix for GOF 1.1

buho

Privateer
Storm Modder
Included in GOF 1.1.x

[SOLVED]

Use the files uploaded for Jonathan Aldridge here in this thread.

Sir! G'mornin', Sir! Please, take my english with a grain of salt, Sir! I'm a man from distant seas.

Is Quick Map working with GoF 1.1? The "M" key is doing nothing.

I've installed an individual version of QM and it broke the "Loyalty Mod", no more "G" (follow), "H" (hold), and "C" (charge) orders to your officers. And it not worked anyway.

Checking the controls menu (key assignments) i see in GoF I have G, H, and C with no descriptive text (I believe it is the officers mod). No "M" key in the assignment menu.

Installing the individual QM mod I have neither G, H, C nor M.

Tried restarting the controls to default (read somewhere you need to do it) to no avail.

TIA for any advice.
buho (A).

You have to have a map purchased in order for it to work. Do you have a map in your items inventory? There are several different ones from crude to excellent.

MK

You have to have a map purchased in order for it to work. Do you have a map in your items inventory? There are several different ones from crude to excellent.

MK

Yes, I have.

Tried with a) an island map; b) the cheapest general map (Old Map); c) both. Not worked.

Thanks.
buho (A).

The quick map feature is included in GOF. installing it separately will most likely break something.
I expect you'll have to reinstall GOF to fix any broken files.

If key assignments are not working, the first thing to try is the "Reset to Default" button.

Note, the extra keys for officers and map are not supported through the key assignments menu.

The quick map feature is included in GOF. installing it separately will most likely break something.
I expect you'll have to reinstall GOF to fix any broken files.

If key assignments are not working, the first thing to try is the "Reset to Default" button.

Note, the extra keys for officers and map are not supported through the key assignments menu.

I restored GoF to the original state after trying the QM mod.

Used the "Reset to Default" too.

QM still not working.

As I've said, the officers command keys appears in the key assignment menu (grayed), but not the QM key. Don't know if it serves as a clue.

Thanks.
buho (A).

The kesytroke is being detected.

I've added a tracepoint in seadogs.c and I'm getting the message in the game screen.

Code:
case "PaperMap":
// {*} BUHO Tracepoint
Log_SetStringToLog("Map key");
// {*} BUHO Trace END 
LaunchPaperMapScreen();
break;

I'm the only one having this bug/behavior? Can't find a way to relate it to my machine/system.

Cheers.
buho (A).

PD: Using a fresh install of GoF 1.1. Can't check with GoF 1.0: it crashes the game.

I am also having this problem enen on a clean install + GoF and update 1.1.
The system stil saya GoF 1.0 at the start

They way I've always looked at map was by pressing F2, then going into my items, clicking on the map and then click Equip map. To be honest, I didn't know that there was a button bound to this function :shrug

They way I've always looked at map was by pressing F2, then going into my items, clicking on the map and then click Equip map. To be honest, I didn't know that there was a button bound to this function :shrug

Akella's UIs are cumbersome and demands a lot of clicking and/or screen switching and/or list scrolling. And this one is a very good example: F2, click items, click tab, search a list (which can grow big), click map, click button (not even dbl clicking the map will bring it up, due to the way clicks are used).

I'll go to any reasonable extension to save me screen switchings and Akella's list items searching. I have more than enough with the item exchage subsystem (my nemesis). :modding

Cheers.
buho (A).

The kesytroke is being detected.
PD: Using a fresh install of GoF 1.1. Can't check with GoF 1.0: it crashes the game.

Hi Buho.

Can you turn on the log files by editing the engine.ini file and changing:
tracefilesoff = 1
to
tracefilesoff = 0

Then when you run the game and push M, can you see anything in a file "error.log"?

Thanks,

JA

[...]
Hi Buho.

Can you turn on the log files by editing the engine.ini file and changing:
tracefilesoff = 1
to
tracefilesoff = 0

Then when you run the game and push M, can you see anything in a file "error.log"?

Thanks,

JA

Reporting, Sir!

Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: no debug information; line: 1
missed ')'

No keypress: no file; one keypress: one entry; three keypresses: three entries.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Hmm, well that error is not quite as helpful as I'd like.

Ok, first: does it work with a brand new game?

If not, we'll try replacing the map files just in case they are broken:

The attached papermap.c file replaces the one in: Program\INTERFACE
and the PaperMap.ini file replaces the one in: RESOURCE\INI\interfaces

If they don't fix it, we'll have to start guessing what other files are broken.

Attachments

• papermap.c
    9.9 KB · Views: 190
  • PaperMap.ini
    3 KB · Views: 167
Ok. No error.log and map and side menu popping and working. Map-clicks working too. I think it is all ok... and that I'll be in love with it. Really nice and usefull.

As per WinMerge, if it helps you.

Your papermap.c:

Code:
if (CurMap == -1 || Items[MapList[CurMap]].id == "map_good" || Items[MapList[CurMap]].id == "map_normal" || Items[MapList[CurMap]].id == "map_bad") {
LastMainMap = CurMap;
//using three map objects with different scales and button responses for different maps
[...]

GOF papermap.c:
Code:
if (CurMap >= 0 and (Items[MapList[CurMap]].id == "map_good" || Items[MapList[CurMap]].id == "map_normal" || Items[MapList[CurMap]].id == "map_bad")) {
LastMainMap = CurMap;
//using three map objects with different scales and button responses for different maps
[...]

The only differences WinMerge detects are in the "if" line. Checked both files (INI and C).

Thank you very much, Jonathan.
buho (A).

Can't find a way to edit the topic title to add a "[SOLVED]" tag to it. It is possible or topic titles can't be edited?

Cheers.
buho (A).

PD Another brick for GoF 1.2 ;)

Glad it fixed the issue!

Ok, my bad... :facepalm
Looks like one of my dev files got into GOF1.1. ("and" is not a valid keyword in there...)

Back