• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release [REL] The Faithful

Officerpuppy

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
What the mod does:

The goal of the mod was aimed at making the Spanish priests seen in the Inquisition quest to look more historically accurate, since then the mod has evolved to encompass a slightly larger scope with historical accuracy as it's goal.

• So far I've given the Spanish priests in the Inquisition cave a texture make over.
  • The "fat cat" at the cave is now a Cardinal. Technically he always was based on what he wore but he happened to be wearing the wrong thing.
  • The robed men have been given a slight touch up, they have priest collars.
  • Robed men no longer carry pistols and swords, instead they have daggers.
  • Replaced the priests text during the marriage ceremony during the Isabella quest. The new text is a an abridged version of the actual Latin marriage rite, circa 1607 I believe. (Needs to be tested)
  • Edited one priests texture to more closely resemble a Franciscan.
  • Editing various dialogs pertaining to the Inquisition quest. For example replacing "padre" or "father" with "your eminence." The latter being the proper form of addressing a cardinal.

And other things!

The changes are subtle and probably would only thrill the purists who enjoy their game being "extra" historically accurate. ;) The mod will be GoF! compatible and will eventually find it's way to be included.

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/Officerpuppy/The%20Faithful%20V.2.7z
Fixes an animation issue with some priests.

It's little touches like those that make the game feel a LOT more authentic, good work mate! :onya

Thanks, I also plan to change more of the dialogs for priests in the game if necessary. Among other small changes.

TheBorgias.jpg

I order you to see the first post and to download this mod! ;)

Back