• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Remove Unrealistic Ships from GOF 2.0 Mod?

Blaze Devlin

Sailor
Storm Modder
Hello

I see that in GOF 2.0 Mod are some ships like the HMS Victory for example, who was built around 1765. But if a new game is started, it begins in the year 1665. So it`s quite unrealistic to encounter it at the sea the same time! Do you get the point? Hopefully you do!
Now my question is there a solution to remove some of those ships like the HMS Victory, USS Constitution, etc.?
Please don`t get me wrong here, I highly appreciate the effort and hard work the coders and modders of GOF 2.0 Mod who created those beautiful ships. But like I told above, I would like to add more realism into the game!

Thanks for your help and comment! :napoleon

From what I understood, in CoAS the relevant stuff is hardcoded all over the place making it quite inconvenient to change.
Something similar is probably done in this mod:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...mmersion-gentlemen-of-fortune-supermod.22493/
I'd suggest doing a WinMerge on that mod's PROGRAM folder and your own version; you'd probably be able to track down the relevant files that way.

Quite a difference from PotC where you can tweak all that in a few second through ships_init.c alone.
Of course on PotC you don't even have to change it, because fantasy ships aren't encountered at random anyway
and the Periods Mod prevents too old/new ships from appearing as well.... :confused:

Back