• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Renting Warehouse and a few other ideas

Kohistan

Landlubber
I would love to see a warehouse you could rent. The idea of stacking gold bouillons in a warehouse, or anything else for that matter is very attractive.
Raiding a gold transport and then just selling them seems so boring, hoarding real gold though - thats a true pirate :D
The warehouse is rented on a monthly fee, could be a nice money sink as well. If it was possible the layout of the warehouse should change according to what you have stashed there. Ie. you have 50 tons of gold and 1 ton of goods the layout (graphics) would change inside to have mainly gold laying around and not many crates.

Just another thought - dosnt it seem a bit odd that you can kill off some guards, steal the gold they are protecting and then just sail into town and sell it like nothing happened, I would think that a merchant would ask questions - maybe even call security if some captain just walked in with 600 kilos of gold. What about if stolen gold (from transports and companion quests) is somehow tagged so you can only sell it at pirate settlements, these guys dont have much money though so you can only sell a small amount at a time, therefor the need to stash it away in a warehouse. If possible then the stolen golds tag would fade over time making it possible to sell it with less risk of getting caught at ordinary merchants after a 6-12 months, these guys might even pay more for it than at pirate settlements.

Another idea:
Sometimes in treasures you can find stacks of valuables - then selling them to a vendor for 55.000 a piece seems a bit weird. I would like to see vendors have a fixed amount of money that they can buy with - that amount would recharge over time. So maybe only rich merchants have the cash to buy large amounts of valuable items and small street vendors can only buy small items or maybe even ordinary street vendors shouldnt buy stuff - only sell it.

Rather than adding a warehouse... i would sure like to have a "Cave Hideout" in some god forsaken island that you would eventually find by sailing in sail mode... yup... would be nice indeed...

Also a lot of work to manage... It will take a coder who knows what he is doing (and the Build Mod doesn't have many of these) so it won't be happening any time soon :no

Back