• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Repeating quest start when quest rejected

vojtaniz

Powder Monkey
It happened to me in two cases:
1 - Tavern in Sao Jorge - when the fat man wanted me to kill Mateus Santos. I rejected the mission. When I come back to the tavern again, he started the same conversation again.
2 - Pirate settlement on Nevis - After the animation, I have killed Nigel Blythe. Then Artois Voysey wanted to become my officer. I have rejected him. When I came back to the pirate settlement, I have seen the animation and had to kill Nigel Blythe again. It stopped when I accepted Artois as my officer.
Build 14 beta 4.1

Tavern in Sao Jorge - when the fat man wanted me to kill Mateus Santos. I rejected the mission. When I come back to the tavern again, he started the same conversation again.
I did recently change that. But he shouldn't always auto-start that dialog.
Just if you want to start that quest after rejecting it the first time, you should be able to.

Could be that it is just one of those "random citizen-type auto-starts", rather than an intentional scripted quest dialog being forced to start.

Pirate settlement on Nevis - After the animation, I have killed Nigel Blythe. Then Artois Voysey wanted to become my officer. I have rejected him. When I came back to the pirate settlement, I have seen the animation and had to kill Nigel Blythe again. It stopped when I accepted Artois as my officer.
Thanks for the report. Do you have a savegame just prior to the first encounter? And/or a savegame being affected by that?

Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore. I had to delete the old saves yesterday because of maximum number of saved games. :-(

Never mind then. At least it should be relatively quick to replicate, since it is early game stuff. :yes

It's extremely easy to test the Artois Voysey one. Start a free-play game which puts you at Nevis pirate settlement - you don't need to change anything because the default "Brave Black Flag" setup puts you there.

I'm still using a slightly outdated version (20th July - no particular objections to 28th July, just haven't got round to installing it). I started a free-play, killed Blythe, refused to hire Voysey, left the settlement, returned, and Voysey was still walking around. There was no repeat of the initial fight scene. So either there's been a very recent change which has caused the problem, or something peculiar happened to @vojtaniz.

@vojtaniz: could you try the same thing? Start a new free-play, just use the default setting, go and kill Nigel Blythe, tell Artois you don't want to hire him, then leave the settlement and see if the duel repeats again.

Possibly. When I have more spare time, I will try to test this with different settings. If I find out anything interesting, I will post it here.

Back