• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Replacing Heros

Takeda-One

Prussian Corsair
Storm Modder
Hey Folks,

could anyone tell me how to replace a certain Hero with correct animation; model; portrait and several changings like cirass?

could anyone tell me how to replace a certain Hero with correct animation; model; portrait and several changings like cirass?
What is "a certain Hero"? Sounds like you're referring to a CoAS feature that PotC doesn't have.

Or import a new one, that could be chosen for standard at game start? Just need to know in what files I have to look fpr the definitions such as what animation should be used etc...

Or import a new one, that could be chosen for standard at game start? Just need to know in what files I have to look fpr the definitions such as what animation should be used etc...
For PotC, pretty much everything you want for models is in PROGRAM\Models\initModels.c .
Not sure how possible it is to port characters from CoAS to PotC, but if you figure it out, that'd definitely be very cool!
I think @Jack Rackham might be interested too.

For sure characters from AoP work in PotC because we've got a few.
Just careful; some of them are bugged. But you'd notice soon enough with the screen going black. :facepalm

I havn't done that myself but look in PROGRAM\Models\initModels and search for Modyford for ex.
This may give a hint about what animations etc.

Back