• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Reputation among nations won't increase.

Grabol

Landlubber
Hello,
I finished Caleuche DLC and I am about to start Jolly Roger. I read that having Excellent relations with Holland and Spain would be very helpful. I already had Good relations with Dutch after gambit quest so I tried to increase it a little and after doing 6-7 Dutch governor quests and donating 10k few times to monks in Dutch cities it didn't change at all. What are the most efficient ways of increasing nation rep, because these are clearly not working?

Unfortunately I don't remember a more efficient way to improve nation specific reputation.

Personally I just started Flying the Jolly roger and just lived with some nations hating me.
Occasionally I would give money to reset it so I am not hunted, but it would return to hostile later.

Hello,
I finished Caleuche DLC and I am about to start Jolly Roger. I read that having Excellent relations with Holland and Spain would be very helpful. I already had Good relations with Dutch after gambit quest so I tried to increase it a little and after doing 6-7 Dutch governor quests and donating 10k few times to monks in Dutch cities it didn't change at all. What are the most efficient ways of increasing nation rep, because these are clearly not working?

Hello partner.:ahoy

The best way to improve your reputation is to find the lost boats, it also helps to donate 10,000 pesos to the monk who walks around the city.:dance

When I played that DLC the same thing happened to me as to my partner and I had to visit the abbot several times.:wp

I think I will do the same, screw the rep. I already have tons of gold that i dont know how to spend, so I might as well pay off my bounties. I am also aware of the bug with constant lose of overall reputation after that DLC due to develepers that forgot to remove some boolean variable in code, but i plan to fix it with Hook mod. Thanks guys.

I would also suggest just screwing the reputation, getting your reputation to excellent is way to time consuming for the only benefit of not being hunted by bounty hunters. Especially as you are able to get quite the decent ships from bounty hunters sometimes.

The only thing that bugged me in my playthroughs after the nations started hating me was, that you get the annoying entry in your journal that you encountered bounty hounters. I wasn't able to get rid of this entry and it stayed with me for the rest of my playthrough, which kind of bothered me. Other than that, as far as I am aware, there are no downsides to not getting your reputation up before doing the jolly roger DLC.

Ok I finished Jolly Roger DLC, that final quest was wild, my reputation with Holland went down to neutral, no problems with bounties. With spain however after destruction of Cartagena I had 50k bounty, although i paid it down twice doing other jolly roger quests. No big deal to be honest, annoying i would say. Not worth doing quest for spain to rise relations. So my question is do I need to modify charley price variable with hook script, or devs took care of this one line in code? Does anybody know?

Back