• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REQ] less encounter patch

CapnKnowles

Landlubber
is there a patch to minimize encounter? (yeah already at minimum encounter setting) but i still cant manage to go from one port to another without being attacked like 3-4 time... kinda annoying especially when doing a quest :)

yaaaarghh!!!!

is there a patch to minimize encounter? (yeah already at minimum encounter setting) but i still cant manage to go from one port to another without being attacked like 3-4 time... kinda annoying especially when doing a quest :)

yaaaarghh!!!!

I hear ya... Especially when some of those "encounters" last for literal 'hours'.

I am in the middle of one of them. My sails are ruined, his sails are ruined. I can't get close enough to board him and we are both moving at .03 knots or so in 10 knot winds. If I turn towards him to try and board he moves away, yet when I turn and try to get distance just to end the darned thing he won't leave me alone.

This has been going on for HOURS. I have 3 different save points and this is day 2 of... "this encounter".

UGH!

Aye! There was a discussion about that somewhere here in the forum and it leads to a file where you changed some numbers. Not sure if that was savegame compatible.

I know I tried it and changed some of the volumes (I'm on minimum encounter setting too) not really sure but with the modified file I guess the encounter are a little less often. But to be honest can't say for sure. I'm not at my gaming PC but will upload the file for you guys later so you can check it.

You could change the "go back to map" (don't know the files name nor it's location at the moment) volume so that you do not need a minimum distance between you and the enemy vessel. If I remember correctly the default is 850 I've changed that to 650, you could as well set to any number so 0 as well. Then you are able to bypass such a senseless battle like we all have once in a while. (though the music would not play properly it would pick a world map theme or nothing at all while you are in battle due to the option to go back to the WM... hmmm)

Will check the files and offer those as soon as I'm back home. Maybe someone is faster than me and can help more swiftly.

im glad someone shares my dilemma. and a x3 x4 and x5 speed will also be very helpful :D

In the vanilla game:-

To increase the speed press R then press the numpad + key. ( press - key to lower it & R to cancel ) :yes

In battles speed can be increased to x6

Not in battles speed can be increased to x8

Speed increases in units of 0.5

I don't know if this is still there in GOF - it was there in CM3.2

:ixi

I call it the "Black Flies Phenomenon" and they're persistent. With time and experience you adapt and it gets easier.

Okay attached to this post are two files in a folder inside the rar file. From the read me
"AIShip" goes here:
Age of Pirates 2\Program\SEA_AI

##########################

"worldmap_encgen" goes here:
Age of Pirates 2\Program\WorldMap

###########################
What changes are in "worldmap_encgen"?
#define WDM_WARRING_RATE 0.005
#define WDM_FOLLOW_RATE 0.005

Original was 0.015

#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER 600.0
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER_FORT 600.0
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_ENTER_2_LOCATION 600.0

Original was
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER 850.0
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER_FORT 1250.0
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_ENTER_2_LOCATION 1000.0
This gives you the option to end a battle (at a minimum distance of 600) that is somehow a draw you can also reduce the distance until you can "bail out" to the world map to your liking, but be a honest pirate and don't use that to save you and your ship ;). This one is savegame compatible.

About the following/warring setting not really sure but with the modified file I guess the encounter are a little less often. But to be perfectly honest can't say for sure you are welcome to check it out yourself. Not sure if this one is savegame compatible though.

Remember to make backups from the original files before you overwrite them.

Attachments

• this and that.rar
    27.4 KB · Views: 153
Overwriting AIShip is going to broke Mates Voices and the fix for the dismasting crash bug (if you have it applied).

Better make the changes yourself, in your own files with a plain text editor (like Notepad).

As a general rule, it is not advisable to overwrite files if the only thing you need is a change in a constant. Make the changes yourself (backup the original first). Keep the old values as a comment for reference.

Example:
Code:
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER		600.0	// Was: 850.0
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER_FORT	600.0	// Was: 1250.0
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_ENTER_2_LOCATION	600.0	// Was: 1000.0

HTH.
buho (A).

Okay attached to this post are two files in a folder inside the rar file. From the read me
"AIShip" goes here:
Age of Pirates 2\Program\SEA_AI

##########################

"worldmap_encgen" goes here:
Age of Pirates 2\Program\WorldMap

#define WDM_WARRING_RATE 0.005
#define WDM_FOLLOW_RATE 0.005

Original was 0.015

#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER 600.0
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER_FORT 600.0
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_ENTER_2_LOCATION 600.0

Original was
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER 850.0
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER_FORT 1250.0
#define MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_ENTER_2_LOCATION 1000.0
This gives you the option to end a battle (at a minimum distance of 600) that is somehow a draw you can also reduce the distance until you can "bail out" to the world map to your liking, but be a honest pirate and don't use that to save you and your ship ;). This one is savegame compatible.

About the following/warring setting not really sure but with the modified file I guess the encounter are a little less often. But to be perfectly honest can't say for sure you are welcome to check it out yourself. Not sure if this one is savegame compatible though.

Remember to make backups from the original files before you overwrite them.

AYE!!!

going to try it now. thanks!!! :)

Is somebody using the changed values for WDM_WARRING_RATE and WDM_FOLLOW_RATE?

How they play?

Cheers.
buho (A).

Is somebody using the changed values for WDM_WARRING_RATE and WDM_FOLLOW_RATE?

How they play?

Cheers.
buho (A).
Aye, both are reduced to 0.005 in my game (default setting is 0.015). I have the impression that there are far less encounters with Pirates even the Hunters (from other nations) seem to be less... but I can't really be 100% sure. Like said it's only my impression.

Somone elso of you can report in on that matter? I'm curious too.

Read this: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/13297-reanabling-cheats-aka-debugwindow-in-german-and-uk-version/. Debugging allows you to do practically anything in the game, even disabling encounters completely. It is a cheate's paradise.

Back