• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REQ] Minor suggestion for gameplay and menu screen

zzkillzz2000

Powder Monkey
Ahoy guys! I've been playing GOF for 1 month now. It's so great so far and i think it'd be best if we can add and change some minor feature to the game. So straight to the point. I saw a video on youtube of AOP 1, and what I wanna say here is that the vanilla game has a quite convenient feature that if a random character in a town has a quest propersition for you or something like that then he/she has a exclamation mark above his/her head. This, i think is a good feature which i don't know why it's not available in COAS and GOF as you know which one has the job for you to either take the quest or avoid them in case you don't wanna lose your repuation.(the game quest line is poorly guided without the help on forum so this could help out alot!)
And about the menu at the start of the game, looks like it's ported from the vanilla AOP 1 with the exception that the ship faces the right of the screen, and the thing is the GOF logo blocks most of the view of the ship which is not cool at all. So my suggestion is to move the GOF logo to the top right, above the menu just like in AOP 1. That way we can still know we're playing the cool mod and having a full view of the ship (BTW, is it possible 1st class ships are generated at the game start menu? Cuz i never saw one)
I'd appreciate it if anyone here replies to me. Thanks!
PS: Just curious if you don't mind me asking, i just wanna know what the new ships in GOF 1.2 are and the retextured and fixed ones cuz i'm looking forwards to some fixing for the unique ships like the camera bug on the Soleil Royal, HMS Victory and Endeavour without the name plate on the stern and incorrect hull and deck color...Oh and last thing, can you guys make 2 seperate ships for the Spanish manowar ship and the San Felipe in GOF 1.2 please, just like the Soleil Royal and the SoleiRu?
Cuz it's kinda weird that a 108 king's gun ship only has 10000 HP, i know because there are 10 spanish manowar ships for the quest (no spoiler here), so it'd be best to make 2 versions of them and the vanilla one for the quest only.

Welcome ZZ,

I played the heck out of AOP1 CT both with and without the supermod. The little punctuations above NPC heads were mainly for getting started. Each time you talked to a person with the mark, he would tell you something useful. They were like little in game tutorials. Then you would level up. You could get to level 6 pretty fast just going around to a few colonies and talking to all the guys with symbols on their heads.

I don't disagree with you. We have tried to import a lot of features from AOP1. In some cases we have been successful. Folks assume they are very much the same because of lineage. Some parts are, but many parts are not. We are still trying to figure out how to get all the features of the AOP1 shipyard into GOF. We have had some limitted success.

Good catch on the hit points. That's just a simple oversite. We have changed the greater hit points values twice since the CM mods. Luke159 was primarily responsible and he and I wanted larger HPs so that ships would last longer and the game would be more realistic. It's obvious we missed that ship. We sometimes have unintentionally missed quest ships in testing.

The HP change is a very simple fix in the ships init file. You could do it yourself if you want. We will fix it for 1.2.

Craiggo will have to work any of the texture changes you want and I know he already has a long list.

Thanks for the observations and comments.

MK

Welcome ZZ,

I played the heck out of AOP1 CT both with and without the supermod. The little punctuations above NPC heads were mainly for getting started. Each time you talked to a person with the mark, he would tell you something useful. They were like little in game tutorials. Then you would level up. You could get to level 6 pretty fast just going around to a few colonies and talking to all the guys with symbols on their heads.

I don't disagree with you. We have tried to import a lot of features from AOP1. In some cases we have been successful. Folks assume they are very much the same because of lineage. Some parts are, but many parts are not. We are still trying to figure out how to get all the features of the AOP1 shipyard into GOF. We have had some limitted success.

Good catch on the hit points. That's just a simple oversite. We have changed the greater hit points values twice since the CM mods. Luke159 was primarily responsible and he and I wanted larger HPs so that ships would last longer and the game would be more realistic. It's obvious we missed that ship. We sometimes have unintentionally missed quest ships in testing.

The HP change is a very simple fix in the ships init file. You could do it yourself if you want. We will fix it for 1.2.

Craiggo will have to work any of the texture changes you want and I know he already has a long list.

Thanks for the observations and comments.

MK
Thanks for replying! About setting a new HP for the San Felipe i actually know how to do it, but doing that without starting a new game doesn't seem to work as i haven't started the ascold quest so far so i don't know if any changes are applied to the game without the reinit button at all. So i tried using the beta test mode to spawn the ship in the shipyard in checked if any changes were made but nothing changed bro. Any advice?
Thanks

As for what I discovered just today it is not going to work without a new game start or some programming trickery.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back