• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rest in Peace Neil Armstrong

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
neil_armstrong_01.jpg
August 5, 1930 - August 25, 2012​

Attachments

• apollo_11_insignia.png
    apollo_11_insignia.png
    422.2 KB · Views: 21
I had the privilege of meeting him once. Afterwords my friends and I who were interns at one of America's most preeminent science and technology think-tanks joked that he along with our boss and a handful of others actually knew whether or not we really made it to the moon or not.

Oh, we made it to the moon alright. Any amateur astronomer with a good telescope can see the landers and such still there on the moon.
Those were bright days full of hope and adventure, and Armstrong led the way.

If the US had faked the Moon Landings, I think the Russians would have made sure the whole world knew about it, since it was at the height of the Cold War. ;)

Hylie and Talisman are both correct, the Ruskies and armature astronomers would have blown the lid off even the smallest attempt at a cover up. Nasa was at it's peak in the late 60, they were good, but they were not THAT good.

They are not the only ones that know, a lot of other people know it for a fact as well. You can't fool HAM radio operators either, and I guarantee you, they weren't the only ones listening.

Back