• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Restore old animists

fjx

Promotion
Storm Modder
:ahoy there! You probably know that I'm translating Build 14 to Polish and I want to ask you for help with one detail. In our Polish stock POTC we've had some differences in animists quest than in Build and I want to restore old things with that quest for my translation. I greatle appreciate Build changes in the game, but I'd prefer this quest things to stay as old. I hope you'll understand me;). What I want to change back is: cave location model, loading screen to that location (may be some new, but made in old location), animists' amulet texture in inventory and that's all I think. The problem is I can not do that. I've tried in the past, but failed and I don't remember what I was doing. Please can you help me? It's quite important for me.
P.S. Don't you think that I'll give up with that translation.:keith

As far as I'm aware, the only differences to that location are in the floor and chair textures. Right?

The loading screen in the modpack is in RESOURCE\Textures\Loading\English\Inside_Animists_Cave.tga.tx
The floor texture is RESOURCE\Textures\cave_1Sk.tga.tx
The chair texture is RESOURCE\Textures\cave_2.tga.tx
You would need to get the relevant files from the unmodified game; I don't have access to that myself at the moment though.

If you want to make a new loading screen in the Build 14 style with the old floor texture, I can upload the PSD file for you.

I hope this helps.

Great thanks Pieter, I'll replace the textures. And if I understood you correctly, I have to send you a screenshot and you'll make build style loading, eh? (but i wanna translate loadings anyway)
And what with the amulet texture in inventory?

Amulet texture would be RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\items4.tga.tx . There's some mod-added stuff in there so you're going to have to edit that file itself.

For the loading screen, at the moment I'm in a hospital and don't have access to my files, so I can't help you with that right now. Sorry.

I can't edit the file, sorry. Can I just replace it with stock game file? And for loading, don't mind. I'm doing my own loading screens. And I wish you much health.;)

If you just replace the file, some other quest items will be without interface pictures.

You can edit the file by converting to TGA with the TX Converter and editing it with GIMP or Photoshop or something.
There should be plenty people here who can help you do that. :doff

Thanks very much.:D Are you sure that this won't cause any game errors or crashes as Pieter said?

I can't check right now; is that the Build items4.tga.tx file with the Animists item replaced with the stock one or is it the original unmodified stock file itself?
You can check yourself with the TX Converter, but I can't do so right now.

Ok; it'll have to be edited further then to work as required without other missing interface pictures.

Ok; it'll have to be edited further then to work as required without other missing interface pictures.
I have compared the difference between stock potc items4 and build 14 items4. The only difference is position 12, the amulet.
So I don't see what you mean..?

Really? Even that cursed coin is a stock game icon? Couldn't remember that. Well, if you checked, then I'm sure you're right.
I didn't check myself; don't have my external HD with different game installations anywhere near me.
Anyway, thanks for that! :woot

Back