• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Returning after a looooong time

Hi guys,

The last time I logged into this site was over ten years ago. I can't even remember my old account details!

Anyway, I was an avid user of the POTC build mod then. I was in the middle of doing real life things, when I noticed a game called SD:TEHO on Steam, which brought all kind of nostalgia flooding back!

Anyway, I loaded it up.. and turned it off. The English language translation of the game is awful and immersion breaking.

So I came here to perhaps find a fixed translation mod, and noticed that POTC now has a New Horizons option. Now I am torn as to which one to play!

What are the primary differences between SD TEHO and POTC?

And is there a mod which fixes most of the Russian to English translations in SeaDogs?

Thanks all!

Welcome back, @Christopher Thwaites!!! :cheers

So I came here to perhaps find a fixed translation mod, and noticed that POTC now has a New Horizons option. Now I am torn as to which one to play!

New Horizons is the build mod actually, but it should have improved much since you last were here, from what i know.
My advice is, since you have already bought TEHO play, both if you have the time, if you can get over the translation issues TEHO is a really good game in my opinion.
If you can't, play only PotC, witch is also a really good game. :yes

And is there a mod which fixes most of the Russian to English translations in SeaDogs?
None that i know of.
Still, i didn't have that big of a problem with the translation personally, so i haven't searched for it, i believe the Hook mod changes a few errors, but many are still left as they are.

Ahoy there and welcome back in these waters! :cheers

What are the primary differences between SD TEHO and POTC?
Perhaps this thread can be of some use?
Need Help - Landlubber's guide to games and mods?

The last time I played POTC, I believe it was Build 13, and for the first time you were able to start as someone other than Nathaniel, so it will be interesting to see how far the game has come along since then!
You'll be in for a surprise then.
A LOT has been added since then.
Including full freedom in starting character and a whole lot of varied new main quests. :woot

Hello, my experince has been similar to Christopher's. I have started playing Sea Dogs TEHO this week after playing PoTC, Age of Pirates and Age of Pirates 2 so many years ago.
The thing is I am not able to enjoy the game properly because it keeps crashing at the worst moments. I wish someone could help me with a concrete crash that is driving me crazy:

I'm doing the quest "The Caribbean in a Nutshell". I started having crashes after reloading an automatic save many times in which I am about to board the Spanish ship Santa Barbara. At the beggining I was able to go through the whole boarding process up to the captian fight, but after some reloadings and deaths, the game keeps crashing when I finish the first deck, which is frustating due to the great difficulty of the task. Please, any idea of a fix for this?

Hello, my experince has been similar to Christopher's. I have started playing Sea Dogs TEHO this week after playing PoTC, Age of Pirates and Age of Pirates 2 so many years ago.
The thing is I am not able to enjoy the game properly because it keeps crashing at the worst moments.
The only people I can think of who may be able to help are @kb31 and perhaps @ChezJfrey.

Thank you for your answer, Pieter. Ifounf a solution for the problem. Looks like the pre-boarding autosaves tend to be corrupt so if I save a little bit earlier (while getting close to the other ship), the crash doesn't happen. I hope this helps other people not to give up this amazing game!
I had the same issue during playing SD:COAS. Since then, I only rarely use to quick save. Most of the time I save inside the pop up menu after pressing the ESC button.

Back