• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Returning After Long Absence...

CrisGer

Powder Monkey
Ahoy Shipmates i am very glad to see this forum still alive. I have been away on many voyages...but hope to return to POTC and other related games, I studied these and the mods relating years ago. Since then i have begun modelling myself and devlopment of Assets and sim related projects some of them naval...and hope to catch up.

an old question but an important one, i own POTC and City of Abandoned Ships but am hestitant to re install as i recall one of these games had starforce? can anyone let me know which and how to avoid it? i recall there is a mod that removes that danger.

I hope to catch up on the development of the supermods, can anyone kindly update me briefly? thanks a lot.

I read that i think GOG has updated versions of some of these games do they help with compatablity? i hope to play on Windows 10 but i have a Windows 8.1 system and a stand by XP if needed.

some of my game development and mod work is here:
Behance

CrisGer

Ahoy there @CrisGer and welcome back!
Hope you enjoy your new stay here again. :doff

i own POTC and City of Abandoned Ships but am hestitant to re install as i recall one of these games had starforce?
If I recall, it was Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales that had Starforce.
As far as I remember, CoAS had a different copy protection system; though I don't know which one.
And PotC definitely doesn't have it.

I hope to catch up on the development of the supermods, can anyone kindly update me briefly? thanks a lot.
"SUPERmods"?
The only one by that name I know is this:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-pirates-supermod
But that's for neither PotC nor CoAS...

I read that i think GOG has updated versions of some of these games do they help with compatablity? i hope to play on Windows 10 but i have a Windows 8.1 system and a stand by XP if needed.
I think CoAS should work fine on Windows 10 in any version.

PotC has some issues with certain hardware that are triggered on Windows 10.
But there are workarounds for that too.

Back