• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Reverse the curse

SaltySeas7

Powder Monkey
How do I reverse the curse, I can't remember how that was done from the movie, I tried to sell the coin, don't work, I tried stuffing in the pocket of one of my own people, didn't work. I tried to toss the coin, no toss button available, I even tried to kiss it, that's it. How do I get rid of the coin and the curse? :p

I am currently playing right after the Inca temple mission and would like the curse to go away.

1. Go to Tortuga and talk to Mr. Gibbs in the tavern there; he will give you an Aztec Compass
2. A new island now appeared: Isla de Muerta
3. Go there and find the cave at one of the beaches
4. In the cave is a chest. The curse is broken if you put 882 coins in there (normally there are already 881, so you only need to place the last one)

When you did this the first time, did you get it right on the first attempt? Can you describe what you did and your feelings as you went about doing this!

When you did this the first time, did you get it right on the first attempt?
Of course I did! But there's a rather good reason for that.... :rofl

Can you describe what you did and your feelings as you went about doing this!
There is a hint in the item description:
"Rumour has it that these originate from an island that cannot be found, except by those who already know where it is. Perhaps some drunken pirate knows more about this."

Anyone familiar with the first PotC film would probably recognize the phrase "an island that cannot be found, except by those who already know where it is."
And for anyone who isn't familiar, the most famous Pirate town has to be Tortuga (=La Tortue) and the first place to find drunk pirates is the tavern.

For some reason in one of my games Gibbs was never there so I just changed the code to allow the coin to be sold. It was driving me crazy with the smoke around the ship making it completely impossible to actually play.

For some reason in one of my games Gibbs was never there so I just changed the code to allow the coin to be sold. It was driving me crazy with the smoke around the ship making it completely impossible to actually play.
If that ever happens again, please post a bug report. He should always be there.
With the sole exception of the Jack Sparrow storyline, for obvious reasons.

Back