• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Review of period correct ships

The bounty hunter ship selection could be handled in differently and bypass the periods mod code.
Would you be able to find where the bounty hunter ship selection is? If so, we should be able to adapt it to work properly.

OK so I was asked by a couple members to update on the Era's mod. Rather than starting a new thread, I will just keep using this one.

Number 1. As I stated in the Storm modeling Forum, I will not be releasing until the model of Zeven Provincien being built by Kris Wood is finished. It will be the showpiece of the new mod.

Number 2. I've been much busier than I anticipated with retiring and starting my new entrepreneurial endeavors. The ships for all three mods are done, but that's all that's done.

Number 3. What still needs to get done: Colonies added, uniforms changed, date changes for module 3. Quest Dialogue changes for modules 1 and 3 germane to the times.

Number 4. Problems still occurring in testing. I am still getting some leaker ships in Bounty Hunter convoys and every now and then with an NPC character captain that are not intended. In some ways this is kind of cool, because these ships are now so rare, that you never see them. Maybe no one will mind. Still working on this. There are still some crashes in large scale battles, but they are a fraction of the problem in 1.2. If you quick-save a few times, you will easily get all the way through the battles.

Number 5. Successes and What I'm working on in the mod. You'll be happy to know that I think I have fixed the ships spinning around problems. In fact the combat model improvements are working out nicely. Ships run away when they see they are outmatched and attack when they think they have an advantage. When you tell your own ships to sail away they follow the direction of the wind instead of going in all kinds of hodge-podge directions. I am still working on water effects. My experiments have been dealing with taking dll files and other executables from New Horizons and the old AOP Carribbean Tales and combining them and testing them for effects. I've had a lot of hit and miss failures and successes. Believe it or not I think some of the old AOP:CT files are superior to the COAS files. I like very much what I've done, but I did break the flags changing when you take an enemy ship. They stay the enemy nationality's flag even after you've taken them. They change when you go to the next screen after the battle. No big deal I think and worth the sacrifice of greater stability and better realism. Maybe someone can help me fix this when I'm done. I'm playing with the AOP:CT file covering surrender right now, so what I'm hoping to accomplish is instead of their flag staying, it will be replaced by a white flag.

I don't know when I will be done. When Kris gets done with Zeven Provincien, I will attempt to release Module 2 in beta with whatever I've managed to finish by that time.

So there's your update. More movies and pics of my testing are upcoming. Happy now???

MK

AHHHH you gave me my fix today xD...this mod is gonna rock !!! I LOVE YOU !!! Was it really so hard to let us know what you are working on and whats the status of the mod, how many people even know you are doing this? Going entrepreneurial and doing so bad in advertisment ? I fear for your buissnes sir! also if you need a tester i should be getting an internet connection at home tommorow so i would also be a very efficent one :yes

That's great news mk :D hope I can help you with testing and you are adding colonies that's great news are you adding them on new island ? I'm from aruba and it would be nice to see my island on the map and able to play on it :D but I don't think that's the cas here I don't know if its posible to add new islands that would be nice yesterday I was playing around with some file and I got barbados to dissapear when entering sail mode ill be happy to learn more things so I can help out ooh and one more thing barbados is pirate now in my game and still has ENG governer

I would very much appreciate your assistance as a beta testers. I'm hopeful - as interested as a few of the new guys seem to be - that we build the mod team back up again. I'm looking at our French modders work on the islands. I'm not adding new islands (even that would be really cool if someone could figure it out). I'm looking at new historical towns on existing islands like Dominica and on the mainland. There will definitely be two new colonies. What I would LOVE is if we could figure out how to import the New Horizon's towns.

MK

I'm going to try making a new island appear in sailmode tonight yesterday I saw a file that had the islands positions and things I'm gonna try dig up something :D and as for the new horizons town when I get mi internet conection back at home I'll download Pirates of the carribean and its mod to try modding things since its more easier files

Do you think it would be possible to replace culverines with carronades for the late period? Culverines weren't really in use then, and there were plenty of carronade-only vessels. We even have four of them already or nearly complete: the real Surprise, PDN, Hassan Bradshaw (CA's new brig), and Essex. Most small Baltimore clipper privateers were also armed primarily with carronades.

So here is my latest progress. I think I am at 99% on the ships (to include the late eras mod) still won't be releasing until Zeven Provincien is done or someone figures out how to get the lower decks working for boarding.

Make sure you open this vid (or just go to youtube) in a separate window and put it on the highest 1080P HD setting with the screen maximized to get full detail.

MK

OK so everything I stated in the initial posts is complete. Everything works great except for a glitch with one of the new colonies and the surrender feature is having some issues. I need to play my own alpha a little longer to validate the problems.

I do believe I will be ready to go Beta by Christmas as planned. I have two Beta testers identified. Is anyone else interested in beta testing for GOF Eras Module #2 The Golden Age: Privateers and Profit (1648-1725)? Please let me know.

I will be starting a private PM soon for those that are testing for me.

MK

Nice to see that this is still in the works since i didnt work on my own version being too lazy and caught up in new and shiny games...anyways i am also looking forward to release of the middle era

Back