• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Revised Flag Animations

redbox331

Landlubber
Hello, I am an uber noob here so bear with me. I just wanted to know if anyone created a mod for flag animations in COAS. whenever I look at the stock animations in the game i almost want to punch my screen. I was also searching youtube and found a video that describes how to make such animations but my trial for maya expired and i could barely work with it anyway. Here's the link and please write back!

!

We have talked about doing what you're recommending for a long time. You know that you can download an old version of MAYA right here on PA in the Storm Engine Modeling Tools area.

I have learned to accept the flags and don't mind them so much now. We would still like to bring in the POTC style pennants and personal flags mods, but haven't done that yet.

Officerpuupy has played with a lot of textures to try to improve the flags. Someday I think we will have something better.

I wish you good luck and hope you can figure out something for us. :onya

Edit: I stand corrected. The tools download links seem to be gone. Don't know where they went??? They are still on the FTP I think.

MK

Tools are here: http://pyratesahoy.com/build/tools/

Changing the actual animation sounds hard. Can't be done without using the source code, I think, and we haven't yet gotten much of anywhere with that.

The coding for the Different Flags mod (eg. pennants and such) in the PotC Build Mod is REALLY complex and still doesn't work 100% right. We strongly suspect that is the source of the weird "graphic anomalies" experienced these days.

Back