• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Runtime Error

OlgierdWinnicz

Landlubber
Can't start game, this error pops up.

Using the most recent version, and I HAVE installed the recent update.

Also, I reinstalled my game because last time I did the mistake of putting it in Program Files. This time I did into "Games" folder, WHICH made the Error and System files avaliable this time.

Attachments

• error.log
    94 bytes · Views: 176
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 167
Also, I reinstalled my game because last time I did the mistake of putting it in Program Files. This time I did into "Games" folder, WHICH made the Error and System files avaliable this time.
That's some progress, at least.

Error.log mentions this:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: characters\characters.h; line: 46
define redefinition: PASSENGERS_MAX

I'm not entirely sure how that gets triggered, but it's definitely an error in the installation.

What steps did you follow to install the mod?

It's a good idea to install:
1. Base game, then check that it works
2. Installer EXE (which will extract the .tar archive), then check that it works
3. Extract the latest ZIP update, then check that it works

What steps did you follow to install the mod?
Basically all the steps I was told. Install base game, then install the mod; First "Build14_installer_25052018", then extract to game folder the "b14_beta4_final" stuff, and then did the same with "post_25May_updates.2". The only thing that I might have skipped was running the base game just once to see if it worked. I didn't.

And in case it's important, here's more specifics: The "Runtime Error" message also says;
"Program: C:/Games/ENGINE.exe"
"abnormal program termination"

Look, I don't mind TOO much if I have to, but is uninstalling and installing everything over the only solution? And if so, let's make sure I'm doing it right. I know how to uninstall the base game, but what about the mods?

First "Build14_installer_25052018", then extract to game folder the "b14_beta4_final" stuff
That doesn't sound right.

You yourself do not need to touch the 'b14_beta4_final.tar' file at all.
"Build14_installer_25052018" will extract it for you automatically as part of its process.

If you do it again yourself afterwards, you install old files on top of new files and that'll cause incompatibilities for certain.

Look, I don't mind TOO much if I have to, but is uninstalling and installing everything over the only solution? And if so, let's make sure I'm doing it right. I know how to uninstall the base game, but what about the mods?
It's all installed on top of each other in the same folder.
So just remove the game's folder and the mods will be gone too.

Recommendation: After you make a clean install, make a copy of that folder (ZIP it up and put it on an external HD or something).
Then next time you need to reinstall, you can just use that archive instead. Works much faster and easier.

Back