• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Russian/English ?

nich666

Sailor Apprentice
Hey all, A slight problem with game crashing to the 'load/game/options/save' window randomly. I have the Russian version loaded using the English option. [Incidentally 'engel-royal' sells the game direct from Russia on eBay for £8+ £3P+P].
I have tried loading the Jonathan Aldridge Mod, (Clever guy}, and wonder if it will not go onto the Russian/English version as there is no change? I followed the instructions extracting into a 'MOD' folder in the CofAS main folder using JSGME, which is also in the main folder. Do I then manually overwrite the the original PROGRAMME and RESOURSE folders or discard them? I didn't think so. Dumb as I am, I can't figure this out.
Although I play PoTC version 14 with no trouble, this game is a bit of a mystery since the window showing Items/Quests etc. looks fine, the buttons to click through at the top click but do not respond. It would be easier to go and get some cutlasses and do it for real.
ANY help would be appreciated. Regards, Brian.

Hey all, A slight problem with game crashing to the 'load/game/options/save' window randomly. I have the Russian version loaded using the English option. [Incidentally 'engel-royal' sells the game direct from Russia on eBay for £8+ £3P+P].
I have tried loading the Jonathan Aldridge Mod, (Clever guy}, and wonder if it will not go onto the Russian/English version as there is no change? I followed the instructions extracting into a 'MOD' folder in the CofAS main folder using JSGME, which is also in the main folder. Do I then manually overwrite the the original PROGRAMME and RESOURSE folders or discard them? I didn't think so. Dumb as I am, I can't figure this out.
Although I play PoTC version 14 with no trouble, this game is a bit of a mystery since the window showing Items/Quests etc. looks fine, the buttons to click through at the top click but do not respond. It would be easier to go and get some cutlasses and do it for real.

No don't replace the programs or resource folders, follow the path, ie open the game directory folder and place all files in the same locations thay are found in the mod. For example if you have a file thats in ITEMS then move the file (not the folder) into the folder named ITEM in programs, do the same for each and every file, never replace the folders. The reason the folders are normally put there is so people like you and i, who install things manually know where to put them rather than make a readme text document explaining it all its easier to just show people. So the folders are guids as to where the files need to go.

Hope that helps.

No don't replace the programs or resource folders, follow the path, ie open the game directory folder and place all files in the same locations thay are found in the mod. For example if you have a file thats in ITEMS then move the file (not the folder) into the folder named ITEM in programs, do the same for each and every file, never replace the folders. The reason the folders are normally put there is so people like you and i, who install things manually know where to put them rather than make a readme text document explaining it all its easier to just show people. So the folders are guids as to where the files need to go.

Hope that helps.

Hi Luke, Thanks for the quick reply and being clear. The Standard game loads and is OK. I painstakingly added the JS Mod file by file to the correct game folders/files, allowing it to copy and replace the existing files with the Js ones. I now get the Runtime error citing Engine.exe and Microsoft C++ so it won't load. It makes me wonder if I have missed a vital patch and should install one before this nonsense? I have huge hard drive/memory capacity and run Nvida GTX8800 card so the PC is capable all right. This brings back the old PotC original game problems but other players seem to be progressing? If I find a cannon I think I will point it at the screen and take up knitting. GGrrrr. Regards, Brian.

As far as I was aware, the standard Russian version had the code locked down so it was not easily modable. So if your copy has the core Russian files, I doubt my mod will work with it. Sorry :shrug

But if you want to try again, the best way to install the mod is to download the "Generic Mod Enabler" from http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html
Then you just make a MODS directory, unzip the whole mod into there (it should make a subdirectory like JsCombinedMods in there), and get the "Generic Mod Enabler" to copy the files for you (and backup your old ones)

Jonathan A.

Back