• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sail to England

lukemax

Landlubber
Is it possible to expand the game map?

other then that what if there where 2 maps that you could interchange with. Is that possible?

:cheers Welcome aboard, Lukemax! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! :facepalm

There is a `good-sized` group of modders from different PotC game fansites, the "PotC Modding Team", or PMT, working on an expansion package that will add 30 new islands to the game - I think there will be all of the SeaDogs islands, plus new ones, and one even based upon PiratesAhoy! (with characters from these very forums!)...

The expansion islands will be a different archipelago that you can sail to, and while there is no real estimated time of arrival, work IS in progress - lots of hard work - and it's going to really bust open our gaming experience with PotC... It's gonna be great!

Sailing to England (or other countries of origin) would be very cool indeed... I don't know if anyone is working on that, but it's entirely possible... xD: :cheeky

Yeah, we are already working on a larger map. It would be cool if some day we can make it possible to do it. Although I think we should start with baby steps.

aye i agree with Diomed, a fine mind ye has diomed, logical as i may say!...i think that this game is AMAZINGLY cool, i mean, theres NO OTHER game that i would like better than this...that is with all the mods though hear me heh...the original sucked, compared to the Build 11 version...i love ye guys, yew all are great! so smart and imaginable! (PMT) :cheers xD: :facepalm

yew know, i think, maybe within this year maybe, like about a month after the expansion pack, the PMT should make a second one, that adds on to the first expansion. what i mean is, ok, yew have the original expansion, that has all the islands and EVERYTHING, but the second will add on all of europe, or at least the countries that participate in POTC...just think how hard it owul be ,but nonetheless so damn fun! i mean it would be A LOT of land walking, but yew should ONLY be able to get promoted at ur home country, and it would be like the POTC game map, where ur sailin around, but instead ur takin a carriage around the land, instead of a ship at sea. there should also be like how u can go to the sea scene where u see ur ship or battle, you should have that too, whree u can control ur carriage, and get randomly attacked by bandits. you should be able to transport goods too, and protect merchants traveling through lands...jsut think!!!! that would be so damn cool! :cheers xD:

hey jack you have just imagined a whole new game, good job. and the carriges should have swivel guns and a light cannon.

aye that is a good idea, that should be added on to my idea...hey cookie think i should make a new post for this? it would make it more noticable...i know this is AMAZINGLY long to make, but i KNOW it is possible. :cheers and i know EVERYONE here im sure would be willing to wait for the long painstaking making of this, just like the expansion pack! xD:

i agree...and i shall say it was both urs and my idea, cuz u thought of a few things too, and i dont wanna steal ur idea...ill make the post! :cheers xD:

Unfortunately this kind of thing will really bog the game down - I don't think it's possible. Not in the way you envision, anyhow... It would be nice, but I just don't think it can be done.

I DO, however, think there may be a way to "fast travel" to certain places, such as the interiors (NO EXTERIORS) of palaces &tc - that you could designate as "England" or "Spain" or whatever country you wish - it would take time away from your gametime, you would have to be stocked up with supplies so your men didn't starve during the time it would take to get there (months), and you would have to have enough money to pay your men while you traveled (albeit fast travel, you will STILL have time go by and will need to care for your ship and men!). It would be expensive!

That said, why would you go to England (or wherever)?

CaptJackSparrow said:
yew know, i think, maybe within this year maybe, like about a month after the expansion pack, the PMT should make a second one, that adds on to the first expansion.

Ha Ha Ha! a month? That's a pretty tight schedule to make all of europe...

yeah i know that WAS a bad idea haha...i had a WHOLE idea on the new expansion the one that would come after the first, but i scrapped it on terms that with the current game engine, it wouldnt work, it would screw up the game...but i had some GOOD ideas, and i have to give credit to Capt Cookie too cuz i didnt think i would have thought up that much without his help...look here...

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/`ftopic1525-0`.php

Back