• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sailing question

Mediteran

Sailor
can you sail to places in "sailing mode" in this game, like for example in potc with "direct sail"?

No. The landmasses are there, but you won't be able to land at any ports and you'll encounter no other ships or storms along the way.

oh ok, thanks :) i was hoping you could, thats one of my favorite features in build mod :) i guess ill continue with the build mod then, also i actually prefer how the sea looks in that one for some reason :)

also, i know its offtopic but does anyone know why i cant remove my sig? i try to remove it but i get an error: [#10211] You may only use up to lines of text in your signature. which is weird because i am not using any lines if i remove it :D

I find my self using direct sail a lot more in this game than in PoTC build 13. I like all the capes and beaches that are scattered around the Caribbean. If you are fighting a sea battle close to land, try using direct sail before exiting to the world map. Chances are that many times you will be able to direct sail to a beach, cape or cove, and from there to a nearby city.

I also like how the capes, coves, and beaches are displayed from the beginning in CoAS. In PoTC I would have to manually explore these places for them to show up on the world map.

Its up to you what game you want to play. The PoTC builds are great, but CoAS has a lot of new features that improve upon PoTC. My favorites are the new combat system that offers new moves instead of just holding the ctrl button, and the Indicators above the ships showing their hull, sail, and crew damage. In CoAS you can also capture colonies for yourself and you are not tied to a main quest so you are allowed to choose your own adventure.

That being said, I still think the PoTC builds are fantastic. I just bought CoAS and will probably play it for a few months until I put it on the shelf. Hopefully when I come back to it there will be more mods and maybe some builds for it. I think that CoAS is a good game but it does need a lot of improvement. I hope that more modders will direct their attention here once the PoTC builds are complete. With all of its new features I would hate to see CoAS go the way of the first AoP.

Back