• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sails

BlackHawk

Sailor
ok would like to use my own sails but need some one to make them for me.Kazeite did it for me back in 07..had a coulpe of crashes and a new computer sence then..they were nice sails..still playing build 13 final..tried build 14 but just can not get it to work..running vista..tried putting it in a diff folder..nothing..still crashes..must be doing something wrong..looked in forum for answers found a few...tried them..still crashes...anyway here is what i would like on a black and red and white sail if someone can do it for me if they have time.

BlackHawk.gif

it is easy. Convert a sails texture, open it in photoshop or gimp, make your hawk template the same, paste it over it, set multiply or overlay (play a bit with the opacity) TA DA! ready. NO need for other modders.

it is easy. Convert a sails texture, open it in photoshop or gimp, make your hawk template the same, paste it over it, set multiply or overlay (play a bit with the opacity) TA DA! ready. NO need for other modders.

rrrrrrright...real easy if u know how to do it...u seem to know how to do it... right..but me... :modding ..and i kid u not

That looks pretty neat; I noticed the selection of sails is rather limited in Alpha 10 - might we have more of these in the pipeline?

They aren't difficult to make too, cool! I might try some of my own...

Hmn, there are plenty of fabrics yes, but I didn't see any emblems, national, personal etc

They're there. But they only work on bigger, square-rigged ships.
I know you don't use those, so that might explain why you don't see them.

Oh! I haven't thought of the sillyness of an emblemed lateen rig!

Well I would get a frigate or something eventually...

So a little more visible emblem. Hope this fit for you. If it is ok for you i will make a red one too and send you the tga.tx files.
But Pieter is right. Using emblems on a small non squared sail ship looks a little bit weird.

1280_3263313733383663.jpg

So a little more visible emblem. Hope this fit for you. If it is ok for you i will make a red one too and send you the tga.tx files.
But Pieter is right. Using emblems on a small non squared sail ship looks a little bit weird.

1280_3263313733383663.jpg
Yea love it..I use 2 ships a frigate and a ship of the line...or i just might start using a battleship just for the sails..many thanks BlackHawk

Sure it works. The attached pictures show what it look like. :keith

But i discover a little problem in the select sails interface when you select the sails with emblems.
If you choose your sail emblem everything shown right in the interface and the sail emblem can be seen as a preview. But when you switch to the next emblem the sail disapear from the preview window. You have to change the color of the sails to see next emblem. Swithiching to next emblem the logo disapear again so you have to change the color again to see the next emblem and so on.

There is indeed some bugs with that interface; please post it on the bug tracker.

But i discover a little problem in the select sails interface when you select the sails with emblems.
If you choose your sail emblem everything shown right in the interface and the sail emblem can be seen as a preview. But when you switch to the next emblem the sail disapear from the preview window. You have to change the color of the sails to see next emblem. Swithiching to next emblem the logo disapear again so you have to change the color again to see the next emblem and so on.
thanks they look great..going to put them in to-day when i get home from work...thanks BlackHawk

thanks they look great..going to put them in to-day when i get home from work...thanks BlackHawk
well they look great on my frigate..have not had a problem yet but will let u know if it happens to me..I am running build 13 final. Again thanks BlackHawk

Back