• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Santisima trinidad galleon

Lonious

Master Mariner
I have relatives living near Bagatao Island, Philippines and apparently their ancestors hailed from there. Incidentally, the so-called Santísima Trinidad y Nuestra Señora del Buen Fin (Spanish ship Santísima Trinidad (1751) - Wikipedia was one of the largest of the Manila galleons and was allegedly built there.

Visiting one of the local museums I managed to take a picture of a replica:

bagataogalleon.jpg

Here's a diorama depicting the galleons being built on that beach:

galleonbuilding.jpg

How accurate is the model? I'm no expert on ships so perhaps those of you who are could chime in.

Does anyone know of depictions of this ship and if anyone else tried to build a model of it? I've been trying to find out online but I usually end up with results of the more famous first-rate of the same name. According to the wiki article, the ship was captured by the British on her way back from Mexico. It would be nice to know what happened after, like where her remains are.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have relatives living near Bagatao Island, Philippines and apparently their ancestors hailed from there. Incidentally, the so-called Santísima Trinidad y Nuestra Señora del Buen Fin (Spanish ship Santísima Trinidad (1751) - Wikipedia was one of the largest of the Manila galleons and was allegedly built there.

Visiting one of the local museums I managed to take a picture of a replica:

Here's a diorama depicting the galleons being built on that beach:

How accurate is the model? I'm no expert on ships so perhaps those of you who are could chime in.

Does anyone know of depictions of this ship and if anyone else tried to build a model of it? I've been trying to find out online but I usually end up with results of the more famous first-rate of the same name. According to the wiki article, the ship was captured by the British on her way back from Mexico. It would be nice to know what happened after, like where her remains are.

Thanks!
I was researching the Santísima Trinidad y Nuestra Señora del Buen Fin and came across this forum and your question. I think the replica seems accurate. The section-elevation drawing of the Santísima Trinidad galleon that I found online looks the same as the replica.

Galeón Santísima Trinidad.jpg

Are you currently in Sorsogon?

I was researching the Santísima Trinidad y Nuestra Señora del Buen Fin and came across this forum and your question. I think the replica seems accurate. The section-elevation drawing of the Santísima Trinidad galleon that I found online looks the same as the replica.

View attachment 40051

Are you currently in Sorsogon?

Interesting, where did you find this drawing?

I thought the replica looked more like a 3rd rate than a manila galleon, though I could be wrong.

I don't live in Sorsogon, but sometimes go there on vacations.

Interesting, where did you find this drawing?

I thought the replica looked more like a 3rd rate than a manila galleon, though I could be wrong.

I don't live in Sorsogon, but sometimes go there on vacatio

I found it at Portal de Archivos Españoles (PARES).

this is the model, it was given to me by my uncle who made it back in 1968 ..

Attachments

• IMG20220710201609.jpg
    IMG20220710201609.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG20220710201630.jpg
    IMG20220710201630.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG20220710201634.jpg
    IMG20220710201634.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
Back