• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Sao Feng'S guard leave Bernard speechless

Landlubber
Oy,

played this game again, and I am currently stuck at the Sao Feng's Bodyguards Quest.

I have Freed the Prisoned Girls, I have granted the Maltese Knight captaincy over the newly acquired ship.
And went off to tie up the losse ends.

I went to Puerto Rico and put the padre back to where he belonged and had collected my reward from the ladies (obviously).
Next Step is Jamaica and Father Bernard, to collect my reward from the church.
But when I address Father Bernard all I get is the standard Dialogue options.

"I want to donate"
"I have business to discuss" and there all I can do is Reset my character.

As much as I enjoy the company of Sao Feng's guards I somehow wish to finish the quest.

Oh I picked it up after the meeting with Davy Jones, but before proceeding with the Black Pearl quest.

Thanks, been there done that.
Well more been there tried it. Same result.

I vaguely recall I could go to Havanna Port earlier to talk with the captain of the Spanish ship in the Tavern earlier (after I saved him from the two pirate ships earlier). I skipped it and sailed to Puerto Rico straight away. Does this short cut haunt me now?

I vaguely recall I could go to Havanna Port earlier to talk with the captain of the Spanish ship in the Tavern earlier (after I saved him from the two pirate ships earlier). I skipped it and sailed to Puerto Rico straight away. Does this short cut haunt me now?

I don't think that should affect it since you have got the Maltese Knight with you - If hat had caused problems - I think you would not have got him.

Capturing the Crimson Blood & giving it to the Knight used to be bugged & cause problems - If you have a save before then - I suggest trying Sinking the Crimson Blood and then seeing if the rest of the story works.

After sinking or capturing the Crimson Blood the following should happen:--

Sail to either Oyster Beach or San Juan Port – Sao Fengs Body guards talk to you on beach/jetty – say “thanks” – QB Update – then transported to San Juan church – talk to Padre Domingues. ( not there at night – go to tavern & go back following day )

Sail to Port Royale, Jamaica, - Go to Church - Jaoquin de Masse talks to you inside church - Talk to Father Bernard – not happy about what you did in Ammand Quest – attacked in church by soldiers. – go to Port at Port gates talk to self if Jaoquin de Masse has ship – he will steal it.– QB Update

Sail to Turks – talk to Sao Feng return Body Guards & get reward. ” – QB Update

Go to exit from Turks town to Jungle – Teague Sparrow walks up to you inside gate & talks to you and gives you one of the “Pieces of Eight” ” – QB Update

Quest Over

Did not work.

But after spending a bit more time today on the forum. I found the solution in another thread.
Had to do some editing. Which actually solved the issue. Thanks for all the responses, and yes next time, I will read the forum more carefully before starting another thread about topic that already exists.

in padre Dominigues_dialogue.c (\PROGRAM\Storyline\LegendJackSparrow\dialogs) :
“case "Thank_You":
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[143];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[144];
link.l1.go = "exit";
AddDialogExitQuest("return_priest_complete2");
break;​
Change this fragment to :

“case "Thank_You":
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[143];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[144];
link.l1.go = "exit";
AddDialogExitQuest("return_priest_complete3"); // FIX - ORIGINAL VALUE : "return_priest_complete2"
break;​

Back