• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Save game slot blank & doesn't load

Have you ever experienced 12 hours of this game without unwanted interuptions?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not lately

• Of course

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A.H

Privateer
This is the 3rd reinstall and 3rd issue with New Horizons build 14. I kept quick saving last night, and deleting previous quicksaves except for my latest.
Woke up this morning and this problem occured.
Save file exists in SAVE directory (7mb file), except the screen doesn't show my screenshot in the mini load screen.

SS uploading in this thread for what I am currently seeing (Unable to load player).

PS. I fixed the problem. The issue was deleting previous quicksave and only keeping one. I had to copy & paste my current 7mb save file and in the end rename it -=Player=- QuickSave 1.
When there are 2 quicksaves (-=Player=- QuickSave & -=Player=- QuickSave 1) then the game can load again.

Hope this is of use to other people who had similar issues.

Last edited:
Something that often helps when the game starts "acting up" is to delete the file named "options" from your main game folder.
For unknown reasons, that one tends to corrupt over time and deleting it resets it to default.
A corrupted options file especially causes problems with profiles and saves.

Yes I hope these little issues are sorted out when Hearts of Oak comes out.. so far the GOF and POTC mods are unplayable due to the enormous amounts of bugs and glitches. The good aspects of GOF aren't found in POTC and the bad aspects are fixed in POTC; but if modders could match both aspects together, then at least one of these modded versions could be played with minimal interruptions.

A lot of people manage to play PotC just fine.
There are certainly some weird things and hickups here and there, but it shouldn't be anything as bad as you describe.
That suggests some software/hardware incompaibility issues.

What modpack version are you running?

By the time I finished Tales of a Seahawk I had 480 quicksaves - I just ignored the fact it suggested I had run out of space for them and the program didn't seem to mind - I think that message you have run out of space probably relates to physical saves made via the game interface which quicksave effectively makes redundant. They are actually a valuable resource for looking at some problems.

I've never tried to play for 12 hours - but if it means cumulative time through different sessions under build 14 3.4 I suspect the answer is yes.

Yes, I suspect hardware problems unless A.H is playing continuously for 12 hours. I believe that the game WILL crash if you attempt that.

The only time I get crashes now is at Tortuga. Not every time I go there but often enough that it is no surprise. Battles, boardings, just sailing around, no problem outside of the bad stuttering when there are a lot of ships around.

Well I take a break every couple hours! But I crash on several occasions, maybe due to graphic card issues or perhaps something else.
But I recently got the aztec gold curse, and when I am in battle it is very laggy due to the fog coming out of the ship, but no crash so far.

This morning I crashed when I entered a battle between france vs holland warship fleets.. when I board the first ship i encounter I crash when entering the cargo battle.. but if i entered the battle again after restarting the game, I sink 3-4 enemy ships before doing my first board then no more crashing.

Current mod I'm playing is the latest one 14 3.4
I actually haven't crashed at tortuga yet, but there are minor bugs such as not being able to get out of loanshark's office in tortuga unless you fast locate back to ship, then reenter tortuga again.
Other than that, I've also experienced the bug when being on sea near tortuga, then re open the open world map, and i suddenly get placed right on point au prince instead of my previous location which was tortuga.

New horizons is going fine for me so far, but GOF somehow I can't play it anymore.. I played it last year and barely had crashes but now not sure why I'm experiencing bad issues. By bad I mean not only crash, but my whole laptop freezes and I have to click on the power button to turn off and on. With original COAS version (non modded) I never experienced any sort of bug nor crash (1.3v).

Thanks, I will be doing it now! And nice work on all the upgradings, it mustn't be easy when you are solo-ing it without a heavy bunch of teammates to help you out. Hopefully in the future PiratesAhoy can establish a holding and it can be the first company to fully develop pirate games & series as well; I'm sure it will be more successful (and profitable) than Ubisoft & Assassin's creed series!

Back