• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Save Game won't work at all

My CoAS options work a little weird too. From the main menu it saves my options to show ships on the map and to show the types of ships before I engage. It also saves any first person/third person, land and sea control settings I may have changed. When I start the game I always have to turn battle mode back on and foliage off.

I am not sure what the problem is as far as saving your games. If you start a new game/new profile will it allow you to save games and reset options? Try starting a new test game as Ian Stance to see if it saves.

This may also be a vista issue. Vista sometimes moves saves to a roaming file that is hard to find. If you are playing your game on vista, I recommend that you turn UAC off in the control settings, and reinstall CoAS directly from your hard drive. Not in Program files. Also you may want to run CoAS in compatibility mode for windows xp.

Hope this helps

If you are running it on Vista or Windows 7, you also might have to run it as administrator, right click on the desktop shortcut and choose "Run as administrator". Or choose properties from the list, click on the advanced button, and put a check mark in the box for "Run as administrator".

Welcome mate, glad ya got it working!

I have the same issue with XP Pro. My work around was to not install the game under the default 'Program Files'. Instead It is install in a directory off the root.

...Steps up on soap box...
The problem is that after Win2k "Program Files" became a restricted directory. Access requires Admin privileges to write/modify in the directory. Windows 7 is really NT version 7, its lineage can be traced back to Windows NT. One of the defining features of NT is the concept of a Multi-user environment. Which means every account has its own hard disk space defined under Documents & Settings. Ideally this is where application specific should really be stored, because the user has full read/write/modify permissions to their folder.
...Steps down off soap box...

Yup, you are correct bumpkin! The best solution is to install it to a different directory other than "Program Files."

Back