• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Save-load-bug, possible bugfix?, help in a mission

ContraProductive

Powder Monkey
Hi, is this community still active?
I hope so :p

I recently saw my old CD with POTC and i thought it has been a while since i played this. I searched for mods for a better gameplay exp. and found the Build 13 Mod. ive read the installation guide and because of that:
Build 13 Final is the most stable, but we would strongly recommend Build 14 Beta 2.3, which is almost as stable and adds a lot more AWESOME features: ...
i installed the 2.3 build

there are a few things i want to say.
first of all: WOW! this is such a great mod it adds so much stuff to the game im really impressed! :p

ok now as i read the FAQ i saw
2. If I go into the options menu when in game, it won't let me resume my game. :modding
This is a confirmed problem which at the current time we can't fix. If we allow a game resume, it won't let you do anything and will be completely stuffed.
ive noticed it too and i may got a solution for this. when i use the quicksave/quickload (f4/f5) i sometimes can not move my char/ship, the game does not respond by pressing keys... so if this is what you mean by "completely stuffed" then try press "Pause" twice (Key name for the german keyboard layout) it will fix the quickload problem and maybe even your options problem.

next:
i cannot open http://wiki.piratesahoy.net/index.php/New_Horizons_Quests
so yeah quest name for the unmodded POTC is( i play as nathanial hawk):
Quest 8 Deliver the letter to Pirate Lord
When you are back to Redmond Governor, he is so mad that you failed the task. But he will give your reward anyway. Your next task is so simple. You have to deliver the letter to Pirate chief at Pirate Hide out. Just go and deliver. It seems that Governor has been using Pirate Lord's help.
-------
i dont know what you changed in the build mod but yea i think i have to go to nevis - pirate settlement,
but when i enter the "settlement" everyone there attacks me. maybe the are mad because i once invaded
their settlement with landing troops and "blackmailed" (is that the word?) the pirate "boss" there.
ive got like 1.000.000 gold by the way (its not meant to be that easy to get gold, right? xD)

ok i was about to try a few things out, get in there without companion,
try to invade them again, run AfastAP to the leaders house,
managed to get in and i faced the leader,
i was unable to kill him not only because he had godmode :)D) i havnt even seen
dmg notifications above his head as i hit him by sword.
I used the quickload a couple of times to test things out,
but from one moment to another game crashes when i reload.
I havnt changed anything! i cant load any of my 3 saves, the game always crashes.
is there a "fix" for that?

ok.. thats it..
english is not my native language so.. yeah i hope you understand what i wrote up there :p

greetings from germany!

Ahoy and welcome! We're still very active to this day. :cheers

ive noticed it too and i may got a solution for this. when i use the quicksave/quickload (f4/f5) i sometimes can not move my char/ship, the game does not respond by pressing keys... so if this is what you mean by "completely stuffed" then try press "Pause" twice (Key name for the german keyboard layout) it will fix the quickload problem and maybe even your options problem.
We have actually found a proper solution for this, which will be included in the next Beta release.
See this news thread for more details: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-2-5-test-version-2-available.20593/

i cannot open http://wiki.piratesahoy.net/index.php/New_Horizons_Quests
so yeah quest name for the unmodded POTC is( i play as nathanial hawk):
Quest 8 Deliver the letter to Pirate Lord
When you are back to Redmond Governor, he is so mad that you failed the task. But he will give your reward anyway. Your next task is so simple. You have to deliver the letter to Pirate chief at Pirate Hide out. Just go and deliver. It seems that Governor has been using Pirate Lord's help.

The Wiki has been moved to a different location; you can still view the full walkthrough for the original storyline here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/tales-of-a-sea-hawk-main-quest/

For your "unable to load savegames" issue, try removing the "options" file from your main game folder. Sometimes that helps.

Out of curiosity, how did you GET all that gold?

I do remember relation problems with the Nevis pirate settlement. We never did find out exactly what triggers it though.
Must be something relating to your AI group and the QC_Citizens or QC_Soldiers one. Did you get into any fights at Nevis, Cayman or Turks?
Looks like those other islands reuse the relevant AI groups for some characters too, which may confuse things.

Yah. If you irritate any pirate anywhere, then from then on they will attack you everywhere. This can make completing certain quests a problem.

Will have to look into setting the AI groups properly per island some time; hopefully that'd make a difference.

woah that game... i cant stop playing.. thankfully the crashes prevent me from playing 24/7

For your "unable to load savegames" issue, try removing the "options" file from your main game folder. Sometimes that helps.
ok deleting the options file worked, thank you. BUT only for one time. when i want to reload again the game crashes (i tried not to change the options, and it works fine but as soon as i change anythin in the options (i changed the layout from brown to blue) it will crash)

Out of curiosity, how did you GET all that gold?
go to nevis- pirate setlement (on map), go to sea mode, approach the port, land troops, defeat the 4-5 pirates, go ahead to the pirate settlement (spacebar) and there is only 1 pirate: the pirate boss. talk to him: "youll regret attacking our town" he says and your only answer is: ... the colony only when you pay me 812998gpcs of ransom.
next thin is: you can take EVERYTHING from the store when you took over the settlement, so i got like 1000 units gold (item) :D and silver and ... ;-) sold it :p i did this twice with nevis, and once with another pirate settlement where you have to search for rheims house. the are not hostile but i think thats because they arnt real pirates -just smugglers.

I do remember relation problems with the Nevis pirate settlement. We never did find out exactly what triggers it though.
Must be something relating to your AI group and the QC_Citizens or QC_Soldiers one. Did you get into any fights at Nevis,
nevis, yes
Cayman or Turks?
Looks like those other islands reuse the relevant AI groups for some characters too, which may confuse things.

the 3 important questions:
-is my savegame like "broken" because i cant play with changed options, or is there a ehhh "workaround" to let me play with changed options?
-can i change my relation to the pirates so that they are friendly again?
-do you advise me to download the 2.5 "upgrade"? is it more stable?i know i have to start from the beginning again but i feel like cheating with that easy gold from the pirate settlements... so yeah.. wont hurt me that much to start again

ok deleting the options file worked, thank you. BUT only for one time. when i want to reload again the game crashes (i tried not to change the options, and it works fine but as soon as i change anythin in the options (i changed the layout from brown to blue) it will crash)
The game CRASHES when you change the options? I know there were issues with the Options menu, but that is going a bit far! :shock
Are you playing this version yet? http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-2-5-test-version-2-available.20593/
Be sure to delete your PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI folders before installing that and be prepared to start a new game.
That does include a substantial fix for the Options menu. Though I'm not sure if it'll prevent straight-out crashes.

go to nevis- pirate setlement (on map), go to sea mode, approach the port, land troops, defeat the 4-5 pirates, go ahead to the pirate settlement (spacebar) and there is only 1 pirate: the pirate boss. talk to him: "youll regret attacking our town" he says and your only answer is: ... the colony only when you pay me 812998gpcs of ransom.
[...]
next thin is: you can take EVERYTHING from the store when you took over the settlement, so i got like 1000 units gold (item) :D and silver and ... ;-) sold it :p i did this twice with nevis, and once with another pirate settlement where you have to search for rheims house. the are not hostile but i think thats because they arnt real pirates -just smugglers.
AH! The Capture Colonies mod at play. That indeed needs a lot of work, but trying to fix that properly has to wait until Beta 3.
Did all the pirates in Nevis start attacking you AFTER you looted their town? Could that be what triggered it?

-is my savegame like "broken" because i cant play with changed options, or is there a ehhh "workaround" to let me play with changed options?
[...]
-do you advise me to download the 2.5 "upgrade"? is it more stable?i know i have to start from the beginning again but i feel like cheating with that easy gold from the pirate settlements... so yeah.. wont hurt me that much to start again
As per above, indeed I'm hoping the 2.5 test version will help you. :yes

-can i change my relation to the pirates so that they are friendly again?
Open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;
Below this, add:
Code:
LAi_group_SetRelation("QC_SOLDIERS", LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL);
LAi_group_SetRelation("QC_CITIZENS", LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL);
Load your savegame, then press F12. I'm hoping that will work. Please let me know if it does.
(I know that "neitral" text looks like it is wrong, but strangely enough that is how it should be. :confused: )

When changing the layout from brown to blue, expect crashes. The blue layout has been buggy for years.

I've switched back and forth several times when testing the Options Menu lately. So far, no problems with it at all. :shrug

Strange that you should say that, though. The modpack was originally developed on the Blue Interface, so the Brown one was buggy.
Then we updated the Brown one to the same standard as the Blue one and they should have been both working properly ever since. :confused:

The game CRASHES when you change the options?
not the moment i changed something, it will crash when you try to load any savegame
nope, ill try that after i reported wheter the reputation change works or not

Be sure to delete your PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI folders before installing that and be prepared to start a new game.
Aye! :D

AH! The Capture Colonies mod at play. That indeed needs a lot of work, but trying to fix that properly has to wait until Beta 3.
there will be a beta 3.o yeaaaahh :p
Did all the pirates in Nevis start attacking you AFTER you looted their town? Could that be what triggered it?
i dont know sorry, its been a while.

When changing the layout from brown to blue, expect crashes. The blue layout has been buggy for years.
hm, ill see .. i m going to upgrade to 2.5 and ill use the brown layout.
---------
thats wrong, isnt it? :D
Code:
 void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;
LAi_group_SetRelation("QC_SOLDIERS", LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL);
LAi_group_SetRelation("QC_CITIZENS", LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL);

switch(0)                                // Case 0 = Various test and cheat codes
    {                                        // Case 1 = Location coordinate information
        case 0:                                // Case 2 = Automatic instant cheats in port
        //    LAi_EnableReload();

// Give ship
        // ------------------
        //    GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
        //    GiveShip2Character(pchar,"NL_Amsterdam","Amsterdam",-1,HOLLAND,true,true);
        //    GiveShip2Character(pchar,"CursedDutchman","Flying Dutchman",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
        //    GiveShip2Character(pcha...
if it isnt it do not work

Do you mean the spelling? Shouldn't it be NEUTRAL? But don't listen to me because I do not understand any of it.

Indeed there will be a Beta 3. We've got some extensive new stuff, but more new stuff = more chance for problems.
So we'll try to make Beta 2.5 as playable as possible before making a potentially more troublesome Beta 3. :wp

And on that "pirates fighting you" issue: DRAT! I had hoped that would work. Will have to look into that some other time; perhaps even after the release of Beta 2.5. :facepalm

Do you mean the spelling? Shouldn't it be NEUTRAL? But don't listen to me because I do not understand any of it.
You would think so. But no. "Neitral" IS how it is spelled in the game code.

its okay pieter, i upgraded to 2.5 and made a new save. this time i do not cheat by attacking a pirate "fort" and gain 1m gold
so i guess i wont have the pirates= hostile problam anymore

I will report all bugs i discover to help you bring out more stable versions ;-)

Back