• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Save/Load Menu?

kalamaru

Landlubber
I just got done installing Alpha 10 and am wondering if there's a way to disable the profiles mod..only the quicksave worked until i just loaded it back up, and when i tried to do a normal save it didn't appear or do anything (yes i loaded the profile). seems like making the profile mod active just gave it more possibilities to screw up haha.

What you need to do is reactivate the profile SAVE and then it should quicksave again (if it doesnt load the game you just saved and then it should work)

Yeah i had gotten them but removed 14 all together and went back to build 13. i have another question though, i saved the ship model and texture folders from 14-10 hoping i could replace some of the ships in build 13 and have helmsmen on some of the decks. i've only tried it on the bermuda sloop but didn't work..is there any simple way to add them on 13?

You need to add their ships_init.c code into Build 13 as well,
but there's some differences between the Build 13 and Build 14 versions of the file.

Yes maggee but i went back to build 13 due to 14-10 crashing to much. peter does that mean i'd be able to install build 14-10 to a separate folder and move the specific files to my normal one and it would work? or is the difference between then going to cause problems.

I got used to the B14 A 10 crashes because they're pretty predictable and MORE stable than stock in certain cases.

Why? Crashes only occur during area transitions. So quicksave before that (and after). Takes about what... 5 seconds?

Yeah but it's still ridiculous, and as far as i'm concerned not an acceptable way to have to play a game unless you're just testing it. build 13 final is really stable for me though..alpha 9.5 patch 2 was as well. for some reason the CCCDirectsail mod isn't working on on build 13 final for me though, which is a real problem. i think the mini map sailing ruins the game in alot of ways (would like to find a way to disable it) but i still use it sometimes D:, gotta have my direct sail..

I dont know why people are having all these random crashes all of a sudden... my game never crashes unless I edit something wrongly :shrug

I agree with SWS though... its better to do that and experience all the features rather than revert to an old (but still good) version

What about Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 4? Any random crashes with that?

For Build 13, you need to install DirectSail seperately on top.

I think when I return, I'll make a Build 14 Alpha 10.1 installer that does not require Build 13.
That way, only complete and utter idiots can mess up the installation.
That'll eliminate at least any possible installation causes for these crazy crashes.

Idiot-proofing sounds great. I had trouble myself isolating which "fix of the fix" should I get. I also highly recommend adding a date-of-creation tag to the filenames - no one or their mom is going to miss out a "Build 14 A10.1 a/a 5 Dec 09" but they will get confused if they see "alpha 10 fix 3 fixed".

I didn't really play 9.5 patch 4 because alpha 10 was out too (i just start playing POTC again recently). so i only installed patch 4 to install alpha 10.

Has anyone else noticed a difference in the time stamp on the Save-Load screen?

When you do a Save the screen shows the date and time in game. When you go to the Load screen the save has the in game date, but the time shown is the time of the Save in real time (ie the time you made the save in the real world ) not the time in the game,as shown on the save screen. :?

When I first found this I was rather hung over and it confused me completely ( too much time spent in the tavern drinking cheap rum :yes )

Build 14 Alpha 10 + fix

On alpha 10 the first time the save screwed up for me i realized shortly after that it was because i changed my name, changing your char name makes it not work in the profile apparently (this was without the fixes).

We knew of this which is why we say to get the fixes :shrug

There is something set up to stop this (and if you do loose your profile there is a reload button)

If someone on the forum says something like that you should listen :yes

that makes sense. I just got a Commador and capd my self an 1st class ship of the line and changed it name to HMS Mars. then it stoped saving........

Did I just contribute?

Back